How much storage space is allotted for apps and watch face installation?

Hi,

first of all, sorry my screenshots are in Korean, but I guess it's quite clear what problem I am facing.

I was constantly getting Connect IQ app notification saying "not enough space" to install app updates.

I didn't bother looking into it since I knew Garmin Venu has 4GB storage space.

To my surprise, Connect IQ only recognizes 4+ MBs, and that is after a factory reset.

Once I install 2 watch faces and amazon music app (without downloading my music library),

I would run out of storage space and can't even install updates.

When connected to a PC via USB, the full capacity is recognized as an external storage device as shown below, 

but I still cannot install more than 2 apps or watch faces.

Is this a firmware issue or my unit is simply defective?

Thank you.

Parents
  • Had the same problem, after starting up the watch it woud show only 1mb of space. After updating the watch to the latest version it now has around 10mb of space. Good luck with your battery life though, the latest version causes my watch to drain 6% per hour when its just sitting on the table doing nothing. 

• Had the same problem, after starting up the watch it woud show only 1mb of space. After updating the watch to the latest version it now has around 10mb of space. Good luck with your battery life though, the latest version causes my watch to drain 6% per hour when its just sitting on the table doing nothing. 

Children
No Data