This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How much storage space is allotted for apps and watch face installation?

Hi,

first of all, sorry my screenshots are in Korean, but I guess it's quite clear what problem I am facing.

I was constantly getting Connect IQ app notification saying "not enough space" to install app updates.

I didn't bother looking into it since I knew Garmin Venu has 4GB storage space.

To my surprise, Connect IQ only recognizes 4+ MBs, and that is after a factory reset.

Once I install 2 watch faces and amazon music app (without downloading my music library),

I would run out of storage space and can't even install updates.

When connected to a PC via USB, the full capacity is recognized as an external storage device as shown below, 

but I still cannot install more than 2 apps or watch faces.

Is this a firmware issue or my unit is simply defective?

Thank you.

• Space alloted for IQ apps is strictly limited by design. You can see the limitations for your device in the mobile app.

• I have exactly the same problem! Did you find a solution? 

• I am sorry to say this, but you will never get any kind of useful answer from this forum. You are on your own.

I had to dig for a solution to the wifi issue, never heard back from the company regarding this problem, and never heard back from the company

about the multi-language support.

By the way, Garmin Express shows that there are 10MBs of storage allotted for app installation, and Deezer alone hogs 4.9MBs of that.

So, if you choose to install Amazon music or Spotify on top of that, well you can't install anything else.

• The mobile app (Garmin Connect Mobile).  Go to your device. then tap on general, then manage storage. You can see how much is still available for CIQ apps, and what each you have installed is taking of the total.

• Had the same problem, after starting up the watch it woud show only 1mb of space. After updating the watch to the latest version it now has around 10mb of space. Good luck with your battery life though, the latest version causes my watch to drain 6% per hour when its just sitting on the table doing nothing.