This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Poor battery life in recent weeks

Up until 2-3 weeks ago, my Venu got great battery life--usually 4-6 days depending on how many workouts I did. But since then, the battery life has decreased by almost 50%, as I'm now only getting 2-3 days on a full charge. I'm not sure if this is a bug due to a recent update, or if it could be caused by a widget or watch face. I haven't changed any widgets or my watch face recently, though. Is anyone else having this problem?

• In long term I have problem with battery life also. If the battery is betwenn 100%-40% everything is relatively fine. In average 20% per day, but below this level the consumption is very extreme and random. All capacity max. for 4 days. Sometimes It drops about 30% in period  of few hours. And of course all tíme with the same, settings, default watch face and battery widget. I contacted Garmin but for now without response. 

• From the last update i have drain battery too

• Same problem here after updating to 4.40

Battery drains fast, nothing changed in settings. needs to charge once a day.

Needs a fix fast

• Same problem for me.
    Upgraded to SW 4.50 this morning on my side.
    Did you notice any battery improvement with that new version?

• Have you tried a reset/reboot?  Hold the upper right button until the watch turns off (15-20 secoonds).  It may help top then charge it to 100% (and then a bit longer in the charger)

• I have the Venu for 4 weeks now. Out of the box with SW 3.80, first battery life was excellent, then suddenly poor (from 100% to 16% in half a day).

Updated Venu to SW4.70: first battery life seemed excellent, but after charging via PC it was dramatically (from 100% to 40 in 3 hours). however, I charged the Venu via a normal power outlet with a Garmin adapter (output 5V 2A) and a restart after full charge and now batterylife is excellent... approx 5 days when using Venu only as smartwatch (although with steps and stress tracking on).

so I think there is a bug in the SW when the Venu is connected to PC (and disconnected via "eject safely"), so would recommend people with battery problems to charge the Venu via normal outlet with an adapter.

• I guess I forgot to update this thread, but in my case I had to do a factory reset of the watch, and that seemed to fix the problem. No issues now.

• Terrible purchase decision. So many issues with this watch since i bought this a month ago. The spotify restart glitch I identified since 3 weeks ago still has not been fixed and now doing a 45min swim activity without GPS/HR or pulseox tracking drains 50% battery.... absolutely ridiculous.

• I have the same problem. After the last update, my 4 days battery become 2 days battery. With the same amount of activity and with all the same setups as when I have bought it (brightness is at lowest). I don't know what is going on. I have even returned it to the factory setting, and still, after 2 days, my battery is dead... It is so frustrating!!!!

• You're getting 2 days?! amazing. I have just done a factory reset, unpair and repair with my phone. Turned off always on display using a stock watchface and it has drained 13% in the last 2hrs, just sitting on my table.