This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Daily calories burned being dramatically increased? Due to steps?

Over the past half week my burned calories seem to be very high and it looks like it's something to do with steps.

From February 27 to March 5th my TOTAL calories have been (depending on my activity that day):
2722, 3312, 2422, 2111, 2682, 2704, 2575, 2469

This seemed fairly accurate, although around Friday, March 6th and 7th I have no activities logged and was extremely inactive (no workouts, barely any steps) and it logged me for 2711 and 3053 calories total. 

March 8th and 9th, although I did workout, my total came out to 3400 both days (highest I've ever gotten on my watch)

Since I also use MyFitnessPal, it logs my burned calories from my strength workouts (usually 200-300 calories), but then my steps get logged extremely high numbers - as shown in the photos.

I'm assuming somehow the steps are being calculated as much more than they should be. Any ideas?

• Try looking at the calories burned in MyFitnessPal at the beginning of the day, vs. the end of the day. I believe I read somewhere that they try to estimate how many calories you will burn by the end of the day if you keep up your average steps for that day. This is on the way MFP handles it though, not Garmin.
    Personally, I use MFP to log food, but then look at the Calories In/Out Remaining value in Garmin Connect instead, since it presents a live view of your net calories for the day. I dislike this about MFP and several others complain about it on their forums too - they do the same thing with data syncing in from FitBit as well.