Pausing during workout

I’ve added in a strength based workout through the app. When I initiate it in the gym I cannot work out how to pause it if I have to gather equipment or wait for a machine/weights. It’s infuriating that it automatically  moves on and I can’t go back and redo a set or exercise. Am I missing something? 

Parents
  • There are a lot of opportunities to fix the workout routines. If I'm understanding your issue, the "rest" time elapses (if you have one set), and the device moves on to the next set. (Or perhaps you have your set time-based before moving to the next, instead of reps or some other option.) If you build your own workouts (I do), instead of selecting "rest" and then "time", I would recommend selecting "rest" and then "Lap Button Press" instead. That should do exactly as it states--wait for you to press the button to move on to the next step. When the equipment frees up, you can press the lap button to move on. Also, if you have duration for your reps instead of something like reps, that seems like it would be more trouble than it's worth. I use reps for mine. If the watch actually hits the target I set (note I said the watch...and not me), it's very easy to move forward. If not, I can always edit. (Which, in my opinion, is a massive pain on the Venu due to the sensitive screen.)

I don't know of a way to go back to do a set, nor do I know of a way to skip a series of steps and then come back. (I need this, as I often have a series of sets that use a busy piece of equipment--so I move on and come back when it frees up.) I consider Garmin's implementation of Workouts as a .8 version. Maybe version 2 will actually provide the list of exercises, and one can pick from there.

Joel

• There are a lot of opportunities to fix the workout routines. If I'm understanding your issue, the "rest" time elapses (if you have one set), and the device moves on to the next set. (Or perhaps you have your set time-based before moving to the next, instead of reps or some other option.) If you build your own workouts (I do), instead of selecting "rest" and then "time", I would recommend selecting "rest" and then "Lap Button Press" instead. That should do exactly as it states--wait for you to press the button to move on to the next step. When the equipment frees up, you can press the lap button to move on. Also, if you have duration for your reps instead of something like reps, that seems like it would be more trouble than it's worth. I use reps for mine. If the watch actually hits the target I set (note I said the watch...and not me), it's very easy to move forward. If not, I can always edit. (Which, in my opinion, is a massive pain on the Venu due to the sensitive screen.)

I don't know of a way to go back to do a set, nor do I know of a way to skip a series of steps and then come back. (I need this, as I often have a series of sets that use a busy piece of equipment--so I move on and come back when it frees up.) I consider Garmin's implementation of Workouts as a .8 version. Maybe version 2 will actually provide the list of exercises, and one can pick from there.

Joel

Children