This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

When will "Audio Prompts" feature that is currently available in the Forerunner and Instinct series make it onto the Venu and Vivoactive platforms?

Greetings, I was wondering when will "Audio Prompts" feature that is currently available in the Forerunner and Instinct series make it onto the Venu and Vivoactive platforms?

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/catalog/product/compareResult.ep?compareProduct=643260&compareProduct=643382&compareProduct=646690&compareProduct=612476

To clarify, this is the feature (Training, Planning and Analysis Features -> Audio Prompts), that announces statistics at specific intervals, such as time, pace, heart rate, etc.  I find this to be a useful feature so that I don't have to raise my hand and uncover my Garmin device (outdoor winter training here in the Nothern US) every time my Garmin device vibrates when a configured lap has been completed.

This is a feature that is currently available in some Garmin devices, but is a standard feature in the Google Fit app.

• Would make me a very happy customer if they included it. I'm not holding my breathe because I'm sure they'd rather I spend more for the next generation that they decide to include it in.

• Make no mistake. They could add it in 5 minutes as this feature is clearly device agnostic. It's purposefully disabled to force you to buy a more expensive model. 
    The same with Training Status and couple other running features. Garmin clearly states this watch is for "fitness enthusiasts", if you want running focuses features, you need to buy Forerunner or Fenix. 

• So can i ask if you get any audio prompts at all ? - like incoming call / text messages on your Venu ? i just get vibrate for everything - pretty odd and disappointing to be honest ! I just assumed this is normal for smart watches but if the audio (bleep prompting or whatever) just does not exists then that's pretty poor and Sly to leave that out. 

• There isn't a speaker on the Venu so it doesn't have the capability.

• could be done via headphones

• Giving this a bump.

Problem is Forerunner and Fenix devices don't have OLED touch screens. The VENU 2 is not a smart watch, general purpose or not, it's a fitness watch.  It's much easier to see and operate while training. It's also not a cheap device. 

I just purchased the VENU 2 and didn't even consider something so basic was stripped out. Only viable option for me is looking like an Apple watch, with 3rd party apps, it supposedly beats Garmin for data points and training. 

• Like others here I was very surprised to see my new Venu watch doesn't support Audio Prompts! I always used this whilst running with Strava. It's such a basic feature I'll really miss. For god's sake it's a smart watch and fitness tracker, sort it out Garmin, please. I'm considering using Strava and the running activity on the watch at the same time BC of this, which seems silly.