This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

When will "Audio Prompts" feature that is currently available in the Forerunner and Instinct series make it onto the Venu and Vivoactive platforms?

Greetings, I was wondering when will "Audio Prompts" feature that is currently available in the Forerunner and Instinct series make it onto the Venu and Vivoactive platforms?

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/catalog/product/compareResult.ep?compareProduct=643260&compareProduct=643382&compareProduct=646690&compareProduct=612476

To clarify, this is the feature (Training, Planning and Analysis Features -> Audio Prompts), that announces statistics at specific intervals, such as time, pace, heart rate, etc.  I find this to be a useful feature so that I don't have to raise my hand and uncover my Garmin device (outdoor winter training here in the Nothern US) every time my Garmin device vibrates when a configured lap has been completed.

This is a feature that is currently available in some Garmin devices, but is a standard feature in the Google Fit app.

• Doubtful, as it's not been on any generation of vivoactive, but has been on forerunners from the same time frames.

• I hope it does get added. I got my Venu last month and was quite surprised and disappointed to find it didn't have audio prompts. 

• I miss this too. I understand that for Garmin the Vivoactive is a distinct line from the Forerunner, but it does seem to compete with the lower end Forerunners. It has so much more features and is more expensive, so I was surprised that it misses some basic things that the Forerunner 230 had that I took for granted.

• Same here, it's not like adding "audio prompts" would cost Garmin much since the code required is already done for the Forerunners. It would make the Venu more competitive with products from other brands.

• I hope it will be added soon because this is a limitation

• I gave one star for the Garmin Connect app because of this reason. For me it's just very weird that a high end watch doesn't have this feature. First Garmin watch that finally has an amoled display to compete with Android wear, Apple watch, Samsung galaxy active 2. I was considering buying galaxy active 2, decided to buy venu. Maybe it was a mistake. 

• Guess they wont.

They did not give us a simple (usefull) pause in activities. This is one subroutine in the OS.
    This is there meaning of "If you like it? Buy the better device". Its also on the 245 vs VA4 (you get a pause on the 245, but no barometer....if you need a barometer, get a venu....so you dont habe a pause. Buy a Fenix....)

• In the Garmin lineup, the Venu/va are actually more of a lower end watch, "higher end" is when you get into things like the forerunner 9xx and Fenix watches.

• Fully Agree 

But the prices are like its a (at least) MidRange Watch. Functions are cuted and so on

• There are a number of things not available on the venu/va that are available starting with forerunners.  The venu/va is sold as more as a "general purpose" device vs a running watch.

It's been that way since the first va came out in 2015.