This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How Do You Like Your Venu?

Former Member
Former Member

Just got a Venu yesterday and wondering how others like theirs. I see some negative posts here but this is after all a product forum and people only seem to post mainly when they are having issues.

So far I am liking this device. Did a mile and a half walk with a few small run intervals just to see how the OHR and GPS worked. Seems to be working fine compared to other devices I have owned.

Here is a link to the activity... https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/4441913486

I had a fenix 6X sapphire, but I am not that advanced and all those advanced features are overwhelming to me. I tried the Apple watch series 5 which was pretty good but I hated having to charge it daily and no native sleep tracking. I then tried the Fitbit Versa 2 but the OHR seemed questionable and used my phones GPS and was not that accurate. But it did have a very nice screen.

I was looking for something that had a nice screen, built in GPS, accurate OHR, and good battery life. Also with enough fitness features without being overwhelming., and the Venu seems to fit that bill for me. I will know more once I test it more. I plan on doing some intervals today over about a 4 mile course at the park across the street, so I will see how that goes.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

I did some intervals today and it worked good IMO.

Here is the workout... https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/4444794022

GPS distance looks good... GPS track looks good... heart rate looks good... pace looks good... and everything else looks fine.

I have done this workout many many times using many devices and chest strap heart rate monitors, and it is on par with what I expect.

Going on 2 days and still have 79% battery left too. I don't use notifications, music, or anything on the watch because I always have my phone with me, so...

Pretty impressed so far.

• I've had mine for just over a week and like it.  First few days was frustrating until I got it figured out.  I'm a cyclist and have been using Edge devices for years and was used to tracking my activities but do a lot of hiking, walking and some running and wanted to track that as well.  I installed the Hiking App Pro RH-Sports and that works well for me.

• I've had mine for a couple months now and would say it's just ok. I moved away from the Fitbit ionic because of reliability issues (went through 3 in 2 years), but haven't found anything better about the Venu. The 20mm strap is too narrow, it only counts climbing stairs not going down unless you go into the app, sleep tracking is beyond useless, step counting is inaccurate (3-5% low on every test I have done), need to be able to individually select metric or imperial for distance, height, weight, temp for those outside the US, distance of activity in app is recorded in miles and on watch in kms, app doesn't show steps for activity, navigation of features is inconsistent and confusing - if you are only going to use 2 buttons then always have the top one to select, the bottom one to go back and all other navigation through swipe, for instance. GPS connection is faster on Garmin, but it is no more accurate. Honestly, I don't know what the justification for the higher price is for the Garmin.

• The higher price is to provide Garmin with a bigger profit.

It certainly doesn't look like they spend the increased revenue on Support.

Software updates are at best irregular, not adequately tested by Garmin before release and often buggy.

• pretty screen, but the interface isn't as easy to use when running as the previous generation. music was nice but it cut out a lot when running.

Also my screen died and Garmin won't honour the warranty because I bought it off someone else who was upgrading (they won't honour the manufactures warranty if you sell it even though we have the original purchaser willing to help) so obviously I'm pretty unhappy. Back to my 235 until there is a decent google watch to buy I think...

• Just upgraded from VA3 to Venu ... Overall OK with this new device but would like to reverse the display to such a way where the buttons are at the left (left hand wearing), just like what the WA3 can do ...

• No not really.  Battery life is good and it does have nice display but the watch faces and interface do little to take advantage of the screen. The connect software is awful. Terribly slow and terrible UI. It needs to be scrapped and started from scratch. Needless to say, I would not buy another Garmin