This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

What setting best records circuit training?

Its a 45 minute class of cardio and strength circuits I do every night and I don’t know what setting to use to best track it. Strength and cardio both don’t seem right so can anyone recommend what to use on the Venu?

• Oh, I was just about to post a similar question! So I'm reviving this post for you!

I do a full body workout every Friday with weights (I guess basically HIIT/circuit training). At the moment I use the 'cardio' setting as I basically want to monitor my heart rate and time worked etc. 'Cardio' seemed most appropriate. However, I was shocked to find it doesn't even tell you your 'work time' and the laps I was tracking (each round) doesn't amount to anything when you log the workout. I was hoping it'd have a rest timer after each 'lap' too. It just tells me my calories and HR basically. So, I came here to ask if anyone has any suggestions for a better activity.

• Garmin is not recommended for professional or Cardio workouts, and Garmin Connect has many programming limitations.

I suggest you combine a Polar watch with Polar Flow, this allows you to personalize your workouts, programming Cardio circuits with personalized names and also allows you to monitor your work sessions, showing the quality of Work and Recovery

• I think you can use either..  You can create a custom Cardio or Strength workout and save it to your watch that includes both cardio like elliptical etc. and strength exercise steps.