This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vertical Speed Dadafield

Hello,

I would like to add a "vertical speed" datafield in the Trail running screens, but I could not find any available for this model in Connect IQ.

Any of you installed it? It should not be a problem, specially having barometer altimeter.

Thanks!!

• Why look in the Connect IQ app store? The venu has a built-in data field called "vertical speed".

• Thanks tmk2.

I expected it, but I cannot find it! Can you tell me the menu to select it?

When configurating the activity screens, I see many areas to choose from: Time datafileds, Distance datafields, Pace, Speed, HR,... and I cannot find Vertical speed among any of them, as it is the case in Fénix 3 for example.

Thanks again!

• I don't have the venu, so I cannot guide you directly, but the manual says that "vertical speed" is one of the available data fields. I'd suspect it would be in the "Elevation datafields" section.

• You are right. The manual says so. However, it is not available. In the Fénix you can find it under "Speed" datafields, but in the Venu it is not. Unless I am missing something…

• If anyone having the Venu could check in his unit if the datafield "Vertical speed" is available under "Speed datafields" or any other submenu...I would appreciate.

• Looks like the latest firmware (4.00) brings vertical speed to running and cycling activities.

• Thanks. Good to know. I wait for the update to be available.

• Yes, the datafield is available now in 4.00.

However, I guess values are shown in the wrong unit (and consequently a constant very low figure (0,1).

In other models (Fenix) you can go to "Settings" and change the Units of Distance, Speed, Pace, Temperature, etc including the unit of "Vertical speed" (where you can choose among m/min, m/hour and so on)

However in the Venu the "Vertical speed" is not shown, and there is no possibility to change the units.

Hope it is included in next firmware, because otherwise the datafield is useless.