This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu SW update 3.80 is live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile. 

Change Log

• Fix occasional crash during activity at high elevation
  • Fix private smart notification vibration pattern
  • Prevent repeated software update prompts
  • General stability improvements
  • Update just received. 

CON Con Con:

- HR Sensor flashes permanently. Start an activity, stop it, take the watch from your arm and the light flashes and does not stop :(

Con:

- Upload of own trainings does not work (also did not work on last update). 

- Calories widget has a display problem with the blue circle which is not drawn completely (open widget again and it is there)

• This update must be a joke. 
    Why do you did not read your own forum Garmin? 
    Your Sleep analyse ist crap
    Body Battery is crap because you cant track naps.
    and so on.

Garmin at the Fitbitway down? 

• Did you try resetting the watch completely ?

• Not yet. I am not shure if i should reset on every update... should not be the way to use a watch. As i have seen in other comments, only the training problem can be solved this way. So the question, if i do a reset, will by my stats synced back to the watch (physioTrueUp)?

@Hexxer:Sleep is not the best, i know. Firstbeat has just announced a sleep algorithm and i hope that we get it in garmin devices over the next year. I hope garmin is not as arrogant to use its on algoritm one day longer than needed ;) 

For Body Battery: This works well for me, because it is not needed to track a nap. With stress, pulse, heart variablility etc. the body battery works well also if i do a nap. 

My only issue is sleep, but it is ok for start and end times ;)

The update issues: not a big deal for me, only the training one could be an issue, but battery also runs well with the flickering lights. So overall the Venu is a great watch and works well.

• IF...they will use it. But i guees they wont.

Nobody since the VA3 can tell my why they analyze my sleep as they do. Huawei dosent use Firstbeat, but theyr sleep track is great - including naps.

All of my good sleep, if i trust garmin, are in the first third. And garmin are the only device with that analyze. Only examples. But since the VA3 this is happend. With the 235 all look good,.

• Can anyone tell if this fixes the issue with the watch not turning on or turning on slowly with gestures?

• Is there a way to get the update ?

edit got it

• I updated to the newest version yesterday on a week old Venu. This morning, after turning on the watch again, it started draining the battery like crazy. It went from 60 to 10% within 3 hours. It also crashed a couple of times (screen stuck and auto reboot). After a manual restart it hasn't gotten much better. Is there any way to find out what is causing this?

• In your case I would reset the watch completely and see if it works better.

• Thanks Redb. Although I understand that may solve it, I'd be more interested to find out what would be causing it as it may help further improving the software. Is there any way to find that out?