This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is it possible to have the time visible at all times w/o a wrist flip?

This AOD concept has me a little confused. I was hoping I could have a simple digital or analog time showing all the time. No,concern on battery. I charge daily after my run 6x a week. Clean the watch, put it on the charger and shower. I thought I saw that as an option but can’t seem to,find it. Thanks for info. Nick

• It's under (the gear icon) / System / Display / Timeout      set it to "Always On"

• If you're using a CIQ watch faces not all are coded to support "always on".

Here's one that does: Simple Lean.  I have a few more that do, and other developers have some to.  If the one you are using, try "contact developer" for it in the app store and ask for support.

• I have done that when I set it up. I am using a watch face from the ones originally on the watch. I was expecting to see the time, even if dimmed. Not happening. Thanks for your reply. Maybe I am too thick to assume I would always see the time, without having to flick my wrist. Do I have the AOD concept all wrong?

• Jim, again thanks. You are a true veteran on this forum. As I responded to the previous responder to my question I may have this all screwed up.  I will check out  your recommendation. I have commented numerous times over the years that I appreciate your efforts and willingness to help folks like me.:)

• You need to be wearing the watch, as it uses OHR to see if you take it off.  If it''s not on your wrist the display turns off to save battery.

• Jim,I have had the watch on. I just had an AHA moment. I was talking to Garmin, what I didn’t do was go down in the menu short/medium/long to the last one “always on”. When I clicked that , it works!!

I am not worried about battery, but using this option, does it screw up the AMOLED, and the watch? Of course, my simple solution would be to get a new watch. Thanks for taking the time.Be interested in your thoughts on continuall using AOD. Nick 

• With my watch faces, on all  that support "always on" I move the time around so it's not in the same place to prevent burn-in.  In Simple Lean, I have an option where the time stays in the same place, but I turn 1/2 the pixels off. (the same pixel isn't on for more than 1 minute at a time).  If a CIQ watchface doesn't do things to prevent burn-in, the screen will blank out even if you have "always on" set

• Thanks. I am using Simple Lean. How May I donate to the cause? Nick

• There's a link in the app description, but just doing a good review is enough Slight smile

• If a CIQ watchface doesn't do things to prevent burn-in, the screen will blank out even if you have "always on" set

hope you are doing well. I realize this thread is over a year old and for Venu... but I just bought a Venu 2 and am finding this "blank out" issue with most all CIQ faces - except Simple Lean - Nice Slight smile. My question to you - is there some way to get other developers the information on how to fix this? These other faces go from full power to low power to completely black and it seems like they feel this is for Garmin to fix.