This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Wrist optical HR sensor flashes permanently

The optical HR sensor in my Venu is constantly flashing even during charging after FW upgrade to 3.60. I think it's a bug since im my FR 645M the optical HR sensor disables automatically few seconds after connecting charging cable and afterwards automatically enables when the watch is on my wrist again.

• i have Venu with updated 3.7 ver firmware,

1) the optical sensor doesnot shut down even on while charging and the wrist sensor switch is OFF

2) In fitbit even thought HR sensor is ON, if the device is removed from the wrist it automatically shuts off thus saving a lot of battery, particulary who do not wear the watch at night.  why cant garmin introduce this functiionality.

• Same. Blinking stopped when charging but it’s back when charging after a workout

• I have 3.8 and the HR flashes all the time. I just left fitbit versa for this watch. With the fitbit it would not flash when it wasn't on my wrist (I turned the watch face down and it would stop flashing). The venu constantly flashes. I was surprised it flashes while charging. What is the official expected behavior from Garmin in terms of this? 

• today updated to 3.8 version does not solve the problem of HR blinking.  PLus the battery life is hardly 4days.  Without using GPS, phone notifications off, pulse ox off, always on feature off, watch face minimal.No music playing and inspite of all power saving measures the battery life is not more than 3 to 4 days in my watch.

• There's an official reply from Garmin 2-days ago above if you read through the thread. 

• I see that they are working on a fix. But I'm still asking what the actual expected behavior should be. 

• In general (other garmin devices), when you take off the watch, the OHR will flash for a bit (until it realizes it's not on your wrist) and will start flashing again when moved (it thinks you might be putting it on).  When you're wearing it, it will flash (or go on solid if recording an activity) because it uses that to decide things like if the pin needs to be re-entered for Garmin Pay, and in the case of the venu to see if the screen should go blank even if "always on" is set (no reason to burn battery updating the display if you're not wearing the watch)

• "A coouple of weeks"? You need 2 month to fix it? Realy?

Disappointing handling of customers ho payed near 400€ for a device like that. I guess you will never change your disappointing sleep analyse. By garmin

• Where are you getting the 2 months from? He said a couple of weeks..

• what will the fix be ready?