This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

I send it back

Hey,

i send my Venu back. i don't see any advantages in this 370€ device. Venu with the 3.60 FW

Sleep tracker: Its a mess. My sleep stats are broke down. Last year i try a lot of things (Nokia Slee ;D, Amazfit Verge, Samsung ***, Huawei Watch GT active) and ALL of them tell me, as an example, that i sleep deep for arround 2-4h at night. The Venu (same as the Vivoactive 3 as i wear it) gives me at max 30 minutes at night

No Nap tracking!!! WTF...Garmin are you sleeping?

Body battery: WTF? If i take a nap my "Body battery" dosent fill up? Realy? It just goes down. If i look a film or sitting in my office? It fills up...logic like nothing? Also reading a coffe ground. 
Stresslevel: Read a coffee ground i guess. 

GPS Tracker:
Where is the advantage of that 370€ device over my 120€ Huawei Watch GT? 370€, see picture. Its a walk in "Moerfelden_walldorf" germany. Im not drunk.
Some other devices did not make that better....but they coast at max 120€

The device performance is OK. Not more, not less. Watchfaces are often not fitting the OLED. 
The small OLED is...hmmm...how to say? this plastik bezel make it smaller and cheaper. But the display itself ist great. 
This Web-Frontend ist the best thing but not worth 370€

• I bought an old iphone SE for less than $100, it's tiny but still very powerful (Apple only stopped it last year), perfect for watch config and a great size to carry with you on runs, rides, whatever. Until Garmin gets their *** together on their watches I'm done, only using the 520 for bike rides, and VA3.

• Do you even own a Polar device or you are just repeating what you’ve read on the internet?

I own a Garmin F5X, an AW4 and a Polar Vantage V. The VV has no issue whatsoever. It is a solid watch, that tracks everything reliably and it comes with a 2 years warranty. After the most recent software updates, it became my daily driver and I never experienced one single bug/issue with my VV.

Not to mention how better Polar Flow is when compared to Garmin Connect.

• Returned the Venu today. Actually considering the Vantage V myself. Had the Polar Ignite, but thought it was too sluggish and unresponsive. Polar Flow etc was very good. How fluid and responsive is the touch screen on the Vantage V? 

• To be honest I do not use the touchscreen a lot, except for easy access to dnd and airplane modes. I am not a big fan of touchscreens on watches as it leaves marks on the screen and usually there is not much available space.

Do not expect an Apple Watch type of experience when using the touchscreen. It works, but it is not as responsive and fluid as an Apple Watch. It can even be sluggish. When doing an activity, the touchscreen is deactivated by default and only the buttons work. I think it is a very nice design decision by Polar.

The buttons on the VV are extremely well designed. They are large, have a nice grippy pattern and give a satisfying feedback when they clic. The exact opposite of the 945 that I tried at MEC a few months ago. When used with the buttons, the VV is fluid and fast.

I have had many different watches in the past. The only brand that I have not tested is Suunto, simply because I do not like the way the watches look. I objectively believe that the best smartwatch is the Apple Watch, but you need an iPhone. I also objectively believe that the best sportswatch is the Vantage V. It does not try to be what it is not supposed to be (by having music, pay, and giving the forecast for example) and it does what it is supposed to do very well. Build quality is great and it comes with a 2 years warranty in North America (I am in Canada).

• I had an Ignite but returned it due to performance issues; I also had almost every iteration of their earlier models years ago before Garmin arrived with better watches for half the price (and Polar's original software and serial interfaces were a disaster, that's when they lost me). I don't dislike Polar, in fact I might take a look at a Vantage. I use Flow for backup purposes with my H10 strap paired to just a phone. The issue at this point is the difficulty in migrating years of GC data over to yet another new platform...maybe RunGap would help with that, will take a look. EDIT: RunGap is syncing to Polar as we speak, will see how that goes.