This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

I send it back

Hey,

i send my Venu back. i don't see any advantages in this 370€ device. Venu with the 3.60 FW

Sleep tracker: Its a mess. My sleep stats are broke down. Last year i try a lot of things (Nokia Slee ;D, Amazfit Verge, Samsung ***, Huawei Watch GT active) and ALL of them tell me, as an example, that i sleep deep for arround 2-4h at night. The Venu (same as the Vivoactive 3 as i wear it) gives me at max 30 minutes at night

No Nap tracking!!! WTF...Garmin are you sleeping?

Body battery: WTF? If i take a nap my "Body battery" dosent fill up? Realy? It just goes down. If i look a film or sitting in my office? It fills up...logic like nothing? Also reading a coffe ground. 
Stresslevel: Read a coffee ground i guess. 

GPS Tracker:
Where is the advantage of that 370€ device over my 120€ Huawei Watch GT? 370€, see picture. Its a walk in "Moerfelden_walldorf" germany. Im not drunk.
Some other devices did not make that better....but they coast at max 120€

The device performance is OK. Not more, not less. Watchfaces are often not fitting the OLED. 
The small OLED is...hmmm...how to say? this plastik bezel make it smaller and cheaper. But the display itself ist great. 
This Web-Frontend ist the best thing but not worth 370€

• Yes I may return mine as well, keep my VA3. I really like the OLED though!

• I'm going to return the watch this saturday myself. The sleep tracking is just a joke. The state of it right now is so bad they should just disable it to save battery. The GPS is ok, but not better than others. All this sh*t makes me question if all the other metrics and algorithms are correct. After hearing all this praise of Garmin I'm really surprised and disappointed. Overrated.

• Garmin used to be good. The last 2 years, not so much.

• I sent it back last week, too bad as the hardware is quite nice. Going back to my VA3 and bought an Apple Watch 5 which is fantastic, just need to manually export any activities on it to get into Garmin Connect.

• I'm thinking of returning it too. Cardio staggered, no program for cardio circuits the sleep program is a joke ..

Maybe I'll go back to Polar who doesn't have all these bugs

• Try the Apple Watch, fantastic (and I've owned about 10 Garmins, still own 3). For fitness use the Workoutdoors app ($8), for sleep use Autosleep ($3), and for advanced cardio use Heartwatch ($3). For $14 you get unbelievable technology. I sound like an Apple fanboy which I'm not, but the Watch is really an amazing product. Polar has some problems with their watches these days (I used to LOVE them, still LOVE the H10 strap). Cheers

• Yeah. Buy a Iphone and a watch to use it? Sure not, sorry.

• The Apple Watch actually seems like a decent product, but it only works with iPhone unfortunately. Had the iPhone7 for a year and really tried my best to like it, but couldn't so its not an option. 

• I will return mine today too. And im really sad cause overall i like the watch and it has all features i wanted but he software is real mess.

-sometimes battery drains for nothing

-flashing swnsor light with false pulse when this accures(110 when slowly moving)

-weired algorithm for active calories(exercise about right bit other physical activities very low)

I could maybe oversee these problema and wait for updates.

But this morning again the watch was suddenly shut off and didnt turn on again for Moment. Its the 3rd time it happens, not to mention 3 times it feeezes while browsing the menu.

The pulse was also off again. Not going over 70 no matter how many stairs i climbed. Had to restart again to get it back to normal.

Nice beta product for 360€.

Guess i go back to the vivosmart 4 which seems much more reliable and wait for a watch which finally has it all and runs stable. 

I will really miss the music part though. 

• I am. I picked up a used I phone 7 to try it. I will buy the watch when I come back from vacation. If I like the watch, I upgrade the iPhone if not I go back to Android. Total risk is $150. Worth it to me.