This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu Display Slow to Turn On?

My wife's been noticing that when she turns her wrist to turn on her Venu that often it either doesn't turn on or it is really slow to turn on.  Coming from a Fitbit Ionic that always turned on immediately, it's very noticeable.  Is this normal for the Venu?

• Crystal is kind of a complex watchface that does more than some at startup which could induce a minor delay.  Try my Simple Heart as others here say it's fine on a venu (I don't have a venu to try it on myself)

https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/9116dbde-f9bd-4d14-88e5-3d81484ac0c2

• That Simple Heart looks like a nice watch face.  Wish I could use it on my Fenix but it won't work.  I get a little IQ with an exclamation icon in the middle of the screen and that's it.

• Which fenix and make sure you are running the latest firmware on the watch.  There's a know issue where the app store isn't doing the proper FW check before installing apps.

• Oh, ok.  Thanks.  I have not allowed updates and the watch is still working on what came with it originally.  I've been seeing that people are having issues with HR and that is more important to me.

• I actually sent a facebook message to Garmin about this issue.  They responded saying that they have no other reports on this and gave me some troubleshooting steps.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to usmaak

Then they clearly aren't monitoring their forums.

• I can't be the only one actually complaining directly to them.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to usmaak

I posted in another forum, submitted a request and emailed their support...about the and the lag seen in general. Still have time to send mine back...

• After last update to 3.60 I have noticed the lag also, tried the different faces but it is still a bit laggy compared to the previous FW. So I wrote to Garmin - no answer so far. So you are not the only one ;)

• I returned mine while I still could, will stick with my VA3 for now but will keep an eye out here for improvements before jumping back in to Venu. For laughs I bought an Apple Watch 5 (assumed I'd return it within 15 days) but man for the same price as Venu the AW really kills it, it's a very impressive device and I'm not an Apple nor iPhone guy (I keep an old iphone in wifi mode as a "host" to configure the watch). Admittedly Garmin won't let anyone else into their sandbox as far as auto-sync goes, but it's easy enough to perform a relatively painless export of exercises from AW direct into Garmin via FIT file. In my case I use both SportTracks and Garmin Connect: when I use a Garmin device they both sync automatically, and when I use the Apple watch Sportracks syncs automatically and I have to export the FIT file into GC. A minor inconvenience. The big diff between the two watch platforms is Garmin is sports-centric with some smartwatch features while Apple is a health-centric smartwatch with some sports features. Still haven't decided whether to return the AW but I think I'll be keeping it....just too many ridiculously cool features PLUS excellent design and execution unlike our friends at Garmin.