This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

REQUESTS for Software Devs - Features we would like to see in the next SW Update (s)

Former Member
Former Member

So far I've been okay with the Venu, but I think we're missing opportunities. I've contacted support concerning the Auto Brightness not turning off and from what I was told (and posted) they are looking to fix it. Whether they do or not isn't up for discussion in this forum but I will put it on the list. What I'd like to put out there is and area about what features you would LIKE to see that you see on other watches out there.  If this is an active watch trying to be a smart watch, let's help out the process. I'm coming from the Samsung Galaxy Active series so here are some features I miss.

• Auto-brightness fix
  • A less clunky interface - there are lags going between screens and sometimes hard pauses where the watch almost forgets what it's doing
  • Font opportunities, the stock font looks like it in from an old watch, this is a $400 watch with a great resolution it should look cleaner.
  • Ability to place a hand over the watch face and turn off the display say after text message
  • Check into why the watch randomly says "connected" even when it's connected, happens sometimes 3-4 times in a short amount of time, and it's doing nothing but chewing through battery.

AAaand go.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

Adding Toe-to-Toe functionality would be great so that I can challenge my daughter who is getting a Vivofit Jr. 2 for Xmas. 

• ...turn on

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to imagodespira

Mine is never that quick. I can count to at least one or almost two. What face is that?

• It is an own face, i am working on it. Maybe because i use only the original fonts on the watch and no graphics that it is faster? 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to imagodespira

That makes sense, it looks really clean. I'm using vDash from MitchT and it seems a little faster, but def not what your's is doing.  If you do end up publishing it, I'll def download it.

• venQuad.prg

I need a while to finish it. Currently i only have the shown data and only german. I have to make the user configuration for change the data etc. To test speed if it is a problem of IQ watchfaces, you can download this version here.

Connect your watch on your PC and copy the file to Venu/Primary/Garmin/Apps (deinstallation works via the Garmin connect app).

• I would really like to see the training metrics for running from older models - training effect, training load, and performance condition. I can't imagine the hardware wouldn't support these.  At least the ability to include them if desired.  I also have the 645 which is nearly two years old but I'm tempted to return my Venu and stay with that because I miss that training data so much.

• Personally, I think the watch has great potential to excel if it is given some real attention by the Devs. Developers are likely good people who like their company and their products, lets be loud about what we want and hope for the best. 

Here are my requests: 

• Improved watch face speed when looking at the watch
    • Higher quality analog watch faces (example: something that looks like an automatic watch or partner with someone like Bulova or Citizen or Tag Hauer) 
    • Improved sleep tracking (particularly awake time, the rest seems accurate but being awake needs work) 
    • Build feedback into the Garmin connect app and use some sort of aggregator to get good insights. Even a weekly poll where all users answer two questions (two question Tuesday) would be great for Garmin to improve
    • Perhaps some "power modes" that allow users to choose better performance or better battery. I'd be fine charging the watch daily if it meant faster response times, other people not so much

PS: I'm an industrial engineer with an MBA, continuous improvement is like a sixth sense. Continuous improvement is what will separate Garmin from apple and Google. 

• Personally, I think the watch has great potential to excel if it is given some real attention by the Devs. Developers are likely good people who like their company and their products, lets be loud about what we want and hope for the best. 

Here are my requests: 

• Improved watch face speed when looking at the watch
    • Higher quality analog watch faces (example: something that looks like an automatic watch or partner with someone like Bulova or Citizen or Tag Hauer) 
    • Improved sleep tracking (particularly awake time, the rest seems accurate but being awake needs work) 
    • Build feedback into the Garmin connect app and use some sort of aggregator to get good insights. Even a weekly poll where all users answer two questions (two question Tuesday) would be great for Garmin to improve
    • Perhaps some "power modes" that allow users to choose better performance or better battery. I'd be fine charging the watch daily if it meant faster response times, other people not so much

PS: I'm an industrial engineer with an MBA, continuous improvement is like a sixth sense. Continuous improvement is what will separate Garmin from apple and Google. 

• I would really like to have a Notification counter on the Watch Face. I frequent check my watch to see if I've received messages. I don't like having the notifications vibrate my wrist as it can be distracting but it's really useful glancing at my watch to see if I've received notifications.