Sleep tracking accuracy

The sleep tracking on the Venu is waaaaay off for me. I like the watch, but the sleep analysis and accuracy makes me consider returning it. It often reports me going to sleep several hours before I actually go to bed. I've been wearing the Fitbit ionic and the Samsung Galaxy watch on my other wrist to compare and those 2 seem to be pretty spot on. The ionic is so precise I can actually use it as a diary of what happened during the night. I often have a hard time sleeping consistently and therefore wake up a lot. My awake times are reported to be around 45+- every night on the ionic and WA2 while the Venu says around 5mins. I know this is soooo wrong. Makes me question all the other details about deep sleep, light sleep and REM. Right now this part of the watch is just unusable.

Anyone with the same experience?  Is a fix coming?

Parents
  • During the last couple of months I've tested the Galaxy watch active 2, Polar Ignite, Suunto 9 Baro, Garmin Venu and the Fitbit ionic (which I've had for 2 years). They all have their pros and cons I guess, but as we're discussing sleep tracking the Garmin watch is by far the worst of the bunch. This really surprises me as Garmin supposedly is this giganotosaurus in the fitness world. Why can't they get this right when all the others kinda do? It doesn't even record naps! We have a newborn in the house which means I often wake up early and go to sleep again after a couple of hours. Watch active 2, Ignite and ionic all record this. Can't remember how the Baro 9 was in this regard as I returned after 1 week. Many will aks the question how important is sleep tracking in the long run? Most people have their routines and go to bed and wake up at the same times every day. For me this is tricky as I for some reason feel fatigued a lot of days and I think this has to do with my bad sleep. Therefore the sleep analysis is important. I really like what Polar has done with their newest watches with a summary of your sleep and a report with recommendations of either rest or exercises the following day. This is the future imo..

Regarding step counting I can't fault the Venu as it seems correct. Venu and Watch active 2 is actually pretty much in sync step wise. Fitbit ionic is always 2-3000 steps ahead of those 2 in days I count around 10000.

GPS on the Venu is ok, but I expected better. For me it hasn't been noticeably better than the others.

• During the last couple of months I've tested the Galaxy watch active 2, Polar Ignite, Suunto 9 Baro, Garmin Venu and the Fitbit ionic (which I've had for 2 years). They all have their pros and cons I guess, but as we're discussing sleep tracking the Garmin watch is by far the worst of the bunch. This really surprises me as Garmin supposedly is this giganotosaurus in the fitness world. Why can't they get this right when all the others kinda do? It doesn't even record naps! We have a newborn in the house which means I often wake up early and go to sleep again after a couple of hours. Watch active 2, Ignite and ionic all record this. Can't remember how the Baro 9 was in this regard as I returned after 1 week. Many will aks the question how important is sleep tracking in the long run? Most people have their routines and go to bed and wake up at the same times every day. For me this is tricky as I for some reason feel fatigued a lot of days and I think this has to do with my bad sleep. Therefore the sleep analysis is important. I really like what Polar has done with their newest watches with a summary of your sleep and a report with recommendations of either rest or exercises the following day. This is the future imo..

Regarding step counting I can't fault the Venu as it seems correct. Venu and Watch active 2 is actually pretty much in sync step wise. Fitbit ionic is always 2-3000 steps ahead of those 2 in days I count around 10000.

GPS on the Venu is ok, but I expected better. For me it hasn't been noticeably better than the others.

Children