This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery drain since 3.50: continuous heart rate monitoring

My Venu has been working perfectly until I installed version 3.50 . Every few days i get a big battery drain and I have no idea what the cause is. This is what happens:
- heart rate is above 140+ for a period of multiple hours (6 to 10 hours or more)
- body battery drains to 0
- minutes of acitvity per week increase with the same amount (1000 minutes per week is no exception)
- no sleep is recorded (i think because the Venu assumes that i am doing a workout)
- the heart rate monitor keeps measuring my pulse, even when i take my Venu off

So it seems the Venu thinks that I am doing a long activity. However, there is nog log of any activity in Garmin Connect and I can start an activity during this proces. 

I can end the battery drain by disabeling the heart rate monitor and rebooting the Venu. 

Any advice?

• English:

I have a similar problem. The battery discharges within half a day. Even when turned off, the watch consumes 4% battery.

After contact with Garmin there is a defect of the Battery before and the clock is just exchanged free of charge.

German:

Ich habe ähnliches Problem. Der Akku entlädt sich innerhalb von einem halben Tag. Selbst im ausgeschalteten Zustand verbraucht die Uhr 4% Akku.

Nach Kontakt mit Garmin liegt ein defekt der Battery vor und die Uhr wird gerade kostenlos ausgetauscht.