This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

WiFi 0200 Error

Garmin is continuing to work to fully resolve the Wifi 0200 error that some users are seeing.  We expect to have a software update in the near future that fully resolves this for all impacted devices. 

In the meantime, we have a workaround that we can recommend.  This workaround will work on the following devices:

• vívoactive 3 Music
  • vívoactive 4
  • Venu
  • Forerunner 645 Muisc
  • Fenix 5 + Series

To complete the workaround, use the following steps:

1. Visit http://download.garmin.com/pub_cert/root_ca/general/general-ca-bundle2.pem
  2. Right click the page and select Save As
  3. Save the file to your desktop as general-ca-bundle.crt
  4. Connect your watch to the computer*
  5. Put the file in the Garmin folder
  6. Disconnect the watch from the computer and the file will install

This workaround will not work on Forerunner 245 Music, Forerunner 945, fenix 6 Series, or MARQ Series.  The fix for these devices is still in progress and expect to have public beta in the near future. 

*Mac users will need to use Android File Transfer to get your watch to go into mass storage.  You will need to fully Quit the Garmin Express program to run the Android File Transfer program. 

• same problem with my device , poor quality by brand

• If I go into the Garmin folder there are 4 to choose from, Express/ Express Elevated Installer/ Express Selfupdater/ USB_Drivers in which one of these 4 did you put them?

• It worked, i thought I needed to go to the folder program files, but I had to go the drive from the watch it self: \Venu\Primary\GARMIN and of course important when you safe the file safe it as general-ca-bundle.crt so the extenstions at the end need to be changed from pem to crt because then it will be safed as a certificate instead of a text file.

Good luck!!!

• I haven´t been able to make it work on my vívoactive 3 Music, has anyone been sucessful with this specific model?

By the way, in my case it doesn´t specify that it is a "0200 Error", it just shows the message "Conecction Error" or "Wrong Password" (even when I am 100% sure the password is correct) I have been able to connect to WiFi only at the University, where the conecction is open, no password required... Is this the same probkem as the 0200? or is it a different one?

I have follow the instructions exactly several times with the same result... The file doesn´t even disapeear as it should...

Any suggestions?

• hey guys,

just followed all the steps and it works for my Venu watch. make sure to follow all the steps exactly as described. I used Chrome as browser, save the file and rename it to "general-ca-bundle.crt" copy it into the right folder and it started sync spotify music!

• this does NOTHING...going to return this POS

• This does nothing on a Vivoactive 4.  When is this going to be fixed?  You have 30days Garmin, before the watch has to be returned!

• I actually discoved something that fixed the problem for me.

I had my WIFI network SSID hidden so I changed the wifi network name to be visible and it started to work without any problem. I did add the .crt file to the device before I discovered this fix but I'm not sure that was needed in my case.

• Just tried this workaround on my Garmin Venu. It did not solve the problem. 

• 7 months later and this problem still exists.