This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu vs Vivoactive vs Fenix5s

Hi all Garmin experts,

I would like to buy a watches to my GF and i would like to compare Venu vs Vivoactive vs Fenix5s. 

Venu vs Vivoactive seems to be clear. Venu has AMOLED and because of that batterie dry faster. What surprised me i was in an official Garmin shop and a seller told me that you can better read display of Vivoactive watches on daily light compare with Venu. This seems to be a strange to me. 

How Venu and Vivoactive compare with Fenix5s? What would be the reason to go for Fenix5s?

Thanks you in advance, 

Oblack

• Outside the amoled screen will be less readable, amoled screens work great inside, they're not so great in direct sunlight...

Go to dcrainmaker.com to read review about the 3 watches and you can form your own opinion about the things that are important to you(r girlfriend) 

• Some of this depends on what your GF does as far as sports.  The Fenix has a whole lot more as far as native functionality, like doing a tri, open water swim, etc.

• yeah i should specify first for what kind of activity it is. She does mostly running, time to time cycling... All watches are in the same price range so just wanted to know if there is any good reason to buy older model but Fenix. 

• I would likely go with a newer device as long as it's got the functional needed.  The venu/va lack some running info (they don't work with a running dynamics pod for example, but the newer devices like the venu/va4 have things like body battery.

• I realize I'm not making your choice easier by adding more to the mix, but if she's mostly a runner I'd have a look at the forerunner range too.

• I have NO problems with the display in direct sunlight (it is a rumor from older times ;) ). I was suprised and i think it was a problem some years before. But now, the AMOLED is not less readable than the MIP Display! I would never buy a Vivoactive 4! Also the Battery life is great on the Venu. I had 100% on Friday morning, now on Tuesday evening i have 38% (just 2 times Yoga, 15 minutes each, no GPS!!). With always on Watchface, i get around 3 days but now i only have always on while an activity. As you see on the picture, the Display is good in sunlight (same as the FR245 with MIP Display!). Also the Battery live is very close. In this hiking i also had alway on!!! I think with disabled display, i get at least the same as with the FR245.  

• OK make sense. Thank you for advice. 

• I agree with you. The venu i very nice! :-)

• I really liked the Venu.  I returned it because the heart rate monitor was badly off for me.  It wasn't just the watch that I had.  I tried two different watches.  The "visibility in bright light" thing just isn't true.  I could clearly see the screen on the brightest and sunniest of days.  I was surprised by how nice and clear it was.  The screen on it really fantastic.  Now I'm looking at the Fenix 6s because of the maps feature.  It's a tough decision though, because I really do like touch screens and the 6s is heavier than the Venu.  Venu is 46 grams and the 6s is 61 grams.  That is not an insignificant difference.

• I see, it is interesting to see heart rate problem with Venu, Anybody else has the same experience?