This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bluetooth Connectivity to Mobile - Venu

Hi Folks,

I'm a new Garmin user. Bluetooth connectivity to my mobile constantly getting disconnected though my phone was in close vicinity.

Also, shouldn't the Venu auto detect my phone for pairing or should I change some settings to enable this function?

Responses will be greatly appreciated 

Cheers,

• same issue here, since one week now and the update seems to be useless with this issue.

the batterie drains the last days very fast as well :(.

• Hi, I had the same issue and it was driving me nuts! The watch kept buzzing like a notification from my phone but it was just to say it lost connection and then reconnected every 20 sec.

I think I've found the issue though! In order to stay connected, you need the partner app running all the time on your phone. sometimes, depending on your battery settings, apps running in the background will be closed. But there's a way to change this for individual apps!

In your settings on your phone, check app launch settings. This is where you can have the app follow certain rules or have it managed automatically by your operating system.

Uncheck the box that says "manage automatically" (at least that's what it says on my version of android EMUI 10.0.0.177 for Huawei Honor 10) and it will prompt you to select options like "start app on startup" and "keep running in the background" or similar. Make sure these two are checked "on" for the partner app and give it a go!

Hope this works for you like it did me! 

• Hi, did you contact Garmin again about this problem? If so what did they say? I’m really annoyed. I spent 2 weeks waiting for a replacement watch only to have exactly the same problem. I agree that it is totally un-usable as a smart watch. If I wanted to have to have my phone glued to me everywhere I go in the house I wouldn’t have bought a smart watch 

• At least I contacted Garmin and sent my watch for service. I got a new refurbished watch back. The problem is still the same, so it doesn’t seem to be a hardware issue. There is also another thread discussing the topic.

• have the same problem since an update on my samsung s9+ phone, now it doesn't seem to sinc

• Hi,

I managed to fix this issue on my phone (Huawei Mate 10 Pro). Here is how:

- on your phone, go to: Settings -> Apps -> App launch

- find "Connect" app in the list

- disable automatic management and you will get a pop-up screen for manual management

- on the manual management pop-up screen, enable "Auto-launch" and "Run in background" while "Secondary launch" is disabled (see picture attached)

Apparently "Secondary launch" function is also able to stop the Connect app and prevent it from re-launch hence you need to re-open the app manually and re-connect.

I've done this about 3 months ago and never had connection issues since then.

Hope this helps.

Cheers