This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Brightness setting does not work

The brightness setting doesn't work and seems to be fixed to automatic.

There is a brightness setting on the watch to adjust the brightness manually. However, it doesn't do anything. It seems the brightness is set to automatic, unable to change the brightness setting to manual.

Is everyone with the Venu experiencing the same issue?

• fake news, Nice try garmin support.   

in shipped firmware the brightness setting worked   3.4 and 3.5 broke it   

the brightness setting does nothing now   

from their manual

Brightness

Sets the brightness level of the display.

www8.garmin.com/.../GUID-24A772E9-96DD-4B65-AC8E-42853AA2C676.html

• I have also been in contact with support. Have sent them files from my watch, diagnose from app, all info about software etc.. even which phone i am using???? 

So i really hope they fix this issue soon, cannot really see the screen in dark areas, i want to control brightness myself.

• After instalation SW version 3.60 it is working properly for me Slight smile

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Paul_Sz

There is a new settings, low, medium, and high, but all are "auto" in a range, which is not the control I'd like to have. I'd like to see it as: 

Auto-brightness: On/Off

And when off, levels 1-10 or high, medium or low...

Also got a GPS update today which I thought I had gotten late last week.  

• Like you can manually adjust the brightness now? Ive updated to 3.6 and is still stuck with the auto feature. Thanks

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Agustin

This is what I have now, low medium, high...I assume? There's still some sort of auto brightness setting happening, it still bounces.

• Yes and this makes perfektly sense. The three stages define the maximal brightness for the auto brighness. In direct sunlight the auto brightness needs more light for this kind of display but now you can adjust the max value.. and this is nice. Disabling auto brighness compleately makes no big sense, this solution works great...

• Maybe for you imagodespira.  But for all the threads complaining about it, it does NOT make perfect sense. Every other smart watch and phone and tablet and computer in the world with lcd and oled screen lets you turn auto brightness off.   For me a lot of times the venu it is just too bright or too low.   Maybe it is just my old eyes.  But the venu has an oled screen which is why I bought it.  Garmin Fenix screens do not work for me because they are just not bright enough. 

• After upgrading to 3.60, there isn't any low/medium/high option in the Brightness setting menu. It still display two button (increase / decrease) with percentage same as 3.50. And it still not work!!!!

Is everyone with 3.60 experiencing the same issue?

• Update to 3.60 got 3 level insted of 2 button solution.