This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Brightness setting does not work

The brightness setting doesn't work and seems to be fixed to automatic.

There is a brightness setting on the watch to adjust the brightness manually. However, it doesn't do anything. It seems the brightness is set to automatic, unable to change the brightness setting to manual.

Is everyone with the Venu experiencing the same issue?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

Just bought this watch, immediately got the 3.5 update and now I have the auto brightness issue as well as the vibration notification even set to low seems to be high when I get notifications.

• Same for me, bought it yesterday... As soon updated brightness issues

• I hope they fix it in the next update. But overall after 1 month i can say, the battery is fantastic!!

• Same here.

I wear the Venu since 3 hours. Also i wear my "old" Huawei watch gt2.

The "Actiavtion time" if i turn my hand is looooonnngggg. If i do this with the Watcg GT the screen turns on when the wrist is in position -on tne venu you can additional count to 3.

• Can everyone doing me too.  Please open a ticket with garmin support.  Posting here does nothing.

I put my ticket in October 21.   17 days later nothing.  I have put in 2 emails asking for an update.  Still no response.

All information asked for was sent immediately on the 21st.  Pictures, movies, etc.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to KentMars

I did day one, I hadn't gotten a response until two days ago, which I was told to hard reset the device, so I'm keeping this threat alive because this is a $400 device and I'm getting terrible service from the company on solving an issue which should have been caught in Q&A and was created by a self-induced problem.

• Thanks they told me that as well.  Plus wanted stills of versions, etc.  And a video of the device not working as it did on previous firmwares.  Glad I have a Samsung watch as a backip

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to KentMars

I returned my Active 2 due to the issues it had with tracking my HR.  I hear now you can turn off a bunch of auto sensing features to sort it out but the battery life on those watches are just garbage. 

• Garmin dosent care. I dont understand that, really.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Former Member

Response from garmin support:  "Regarding the auto brightness feature, that isn't a bug. That watch was designed without an option to disable the auto brightness but I did send our engineers that feature request so hopefully this will be an option in the future."   Here's to hoping