This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Experience with Venu battery

How are your experiences with the battery of the Venu? I am really excited about the watch but there are a lot of complaints on the new vivoactive when it comes to the battery. Is ist the same with the Venu?

• So far so good. I charged my Venu Sunday evening and now 2 days later it is still 66%. I have tracked 2 activities of 1 hour with GPS.

• It is pretty good indeed. I am using always-on screen and it lasted 3 days until 25%. There was a GPS activity in it. 

• Battery 94% friday, today battery 39% with 1 activity with gps and 1 activity without gps. Screen not always-on and bluetooth off.

• Thanks everybody! Got mine yesterday and went from 100 to 83 in 27 hours with lots of usage, setup and a workout! I think this is great!

• I had no problem with battery life on my first Venu with FW 3.40. It lasted around 4 days WITH ALWAYS ON DISPLAY. 

But I had to return it for a new one because of a defect (no vibration). The new one works good but with FW 3.50 installed it lost 30% in only ONE NIGHT! Weird. With the first Venu I lost that amount of battery in 1-1.5 days. I hope it's not a defect again. 

• Which watchface do you use whith always on?

• With the first Venu device I used Crystal from ConnectIQ. It worked perfectly. and had good battery life. Till now I used Garmin Digital clock and no always on during night in sleep phase. So no always on during night. Now I use Crystal again with my second device. Great watch face. Always On display moving which I think is better because of burn in possibility. Garmin's always on watchfaces don't move at all. And always on display is quite bright. 

• I have to charge it every 2 days. I have somethings on that is suppose to drain the battery life more, don't know if it suppose to take the battery down by 3 whole days though

• Battery drain on my Venu has varied enormously, especially after firmware update 3.8. Now on 4.0 and battery drain is much better.

I have Bluetooth  all day, pulse ox at night, no wifi, no music and use a built in analogue watch face.

Battery drain, no activities, is now just under 12% per day.

Battery drain,  for a GPS enabled activity, is less than 6% per hour.

Based on the above figures the battery should last up to 8 days with no activities and 5 days with 1 hour of GPS enables activity per day.

This is much better than anything I achieved with my VA3.

I have tried a few CIQ watchfaces, including on firmware 4.0, but so far find the battery drain is significantly worse and the display is slow to turn on from a gesture, around 2 to 3 sec delay. For these reasons I have stopped using CIQ watchfaces. Not a problem for me as I like the built in analogue watch face.

As with all these gadgets, YMMV

• That is a huge difference. and I agree,  with the CIQ watchfaces it take ages for the screen to turn on from a gesture.  I will try out the settings you're using. Thanks !