This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Venu - External heart rate and respiration rate at Garmin 1030

Hi, 

Does the Garmin Venu transfer the heart rate AND the respiration rate to the Garmin 1030 device if external heart rate monitor ONLY is activated at the Garmin VENU? And does Garmin 1030 show and anaylise these data?

Thanks for your help.

Marc

• Why would you do that? If you have an external HR monitor that can give you respiration rate you would just have it connected to the Venu AND the Edge 1030. The sensors are Ant+ and just broadcast all metrics, you can have as many receivers as you want.

If you are talking about using the OHR sensor on the Venu and broadcasting it to the Edge 1030, that is a whole other issue. I don't believe you get respiration rate from the OHR sensor. If it is available, I would expect it to send ALL HR data available from the sensor. 

• I too am interested in this question.

I have a Edge 530 for my rides, will the Venu link to it, and do the Heart Rate for the Edge?

Or at the very least after the ride will it sync up in the Garmin Connect app to show that the 2 devices were doing the same sport at the same time? How would this work together if I only have the watch and a the Edge?

• I get my VA HR to "broadcast" my HR to my Garmin Explore. That way when I sync on Garmin Connect the data is in one place. You should be able to do the same on the Venu or VA 4.