This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

My Venu SQ is basically a wristwatch at this point

I bought this to assist in my rehab after major surgery. The heart rate, respiration, sleep and pulse ox functions no longer work. The green lights on the back no longer work as well. I was in a lengthy chat session with Garmin support on Saturday that left my Venu SQ in worse shape than when I started. I'm not sure what I did, but I eventually got the display back, although with VERY limited functionality.  The final result was a trouble ticket was opened with Garmin engineering(?).

I had similar problems back in June that were related to a software update that was not applied, even though I had automatic update enabled.

Now it looks like I will have to start looking for another fitness tracker, and the probability of it being a Garmin is very low.

Thanks for listening, rant over.

• As someone who has purchased different brands, I will say that Garmin might be the best deal even if it doesn't work well.  Polar was a good company but not so much currently.  Their watches cost more and deliver less.  Their HR is not consistent and needs a chest or arm strap to be considered accurate while doing activities.

Fitbit has started using micro transactions on simple features.  Fitbit also fudges the steps and activity totals to satisfy the demands of corporations, which completely ignores the needs of the person paying for the device.  (Users were complaining that their steps were being set back about 2% - 5% between 11 and midnight, which caused them to missing goals required by corporate incentive programs.  Polar also does this so be aware of that.)

My green lights stopped working after charging and I, too, had a frustrating session with customer service.  However, Garmin is more response and is mostly helpful if you get the right person on the line.  I also managed to get the watch to work again...on my own.

I am wondering if you have tried turning off the activity function, the sleep Pulse Ox, and the heart rate functions, reset the watch by holding down the 'a' button until it turns off, the turning the watch on, then then heart rate feature, the activity tracking feature, then the Pulse Ox / sleep.  I did this the last time the green lights failed to work the last time.  They started working again.  It may have been a coincidence, but it worked for me, and maybe for you.

• After a month, Garmin finally acknowledged that my Venu SQ is indeed defective. They will be shipping out a replacement. I just wish it would have been a new unit instead of a refurbished one.