This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

The battery is draining in <24 hours

Hello,

Last couple of days, out of the blue the battery is draining rapidly <24 hours.  I have had the Venu SQ for about 1.5 years with no issues, battery was ok for 5-6 days. And there was nothing noticeably different in the watch or how it was handled in the last few days.

Is there anything I can do to try fixing this?

Thank you,

Kris

• Have you tried simply rebooting the watch?

• Yes, two times now.  Did a factory reset as well and it just seems to be getting worse. 

• Did you hard reset vs powering off?  Holding A button down for 10 seconds until it shuts off (past any notifications of assistance)?  

If so, I’d suspect a watch face maybe…. Do you have any new ones? Or new apps?

• I had the same problem more than a year ago, had it replaced.

Its happening on my replacement watch now. Really disappointed in garmin

• Hi.  I bought my Sq a couple of months ago and even when new, the battery rarely lasted more than two days.  After a month that was down to <24 hours with just very basic use and no GPS.

I contacted Garmin UK and, after a longish conversation and uploading the Garmin software, they initiated a return/replacement.  Five days later the replacement arrived and since then, even with GPS use, it lasts about a week between charges, so my advice would be to get in touch with Garmin and report it as a fault!

Zak