This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Helpless 3.3 update and Bluetooth issue after setting up Garmin pay

After installing 3.3 firmware I had to do factory reset to connect my Venue SQ o my Samsung M52 again. Fine. But when I decided to set up my Garmin Pay service Garmin Connect disconnects my watch permanently. The only way to fix this issue is to remove Venue SQ from Connect app, and reset the watch again. Needless to say, after such reset Garmin Pay does not work. Is there any way to downgrade the firmware to 3.2? I cannot stand with this helpless update

• Do you get any error messages when you go into Garmin pay?  

No, they are not giving us a way to downgrade.  I have the 3.6 update right now and wish I could downgrade to 3.3 as I am constantly getting Phone disconnected messages on my iPhone.

• No error messages. Everything goes smoothly. I even have a credit card added to my watch, and I can use it! But SQ remains disconnected from Garmin app on my phone.

When I remove SQ from the Garmin Connect app, I cannot add it again as my phone does not see the watch. Resetting the watch is the only solution that allows me to reconnect it.

• Probably obvious but have you turned your phone on and off?  I find with this update if I turn the phone off and back on it connects again.  I just have to stay in bluetooth range because if it disconnects then I’m back to not receiving notifications.  

Assuming also you’ve tried turning BT off and on first on phone and then on watch to see if they reconnect?