This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu Sq 3.60 Update Stuck

Update to 3.6 - Venu SQ stuck after step 2/2 of garmin connect. seems bricked :( .
Connect mentioned to "now disconnect , let it reboot , then reconnect "

once disconnected, the watch asked to install the upgrade. then "sofware bluetooth upgraded" , and is stuck with that phrase on the screen... :( I only had this watch for less than a month :( help

• Please try a hard reset of the device.

To perform a hard reset, press and hold the power button on the watch until the screen goes blank. Ignore the Controls menu and the assistance alert screen (if applicable). If your device is currently powered off and you cannot turn it on, simply hold down the power button for 60 seconds. Next, plug in your watch’s charging cable to a computer or UL certified wall plug and then attach the watch to the charging cable. This should prompt the watch to boot up normally. Once it has fully booted up, remove it from the charging cable.

• ok, that worked , keeping the power button pressed. now went off, and is back on. but if I connect to the pc garmin connect is unable to continue the next phase... seems blocked. and kept the watch in charge mode. even disconnected it got fixed on the charging screen. had to reboot it again.

i'll kill and restart garmin express and see if it gets detected .

has the upgrade actually worked ???

• now garmin express sees it. but it thinks is still on 3.30  ( or so it says after syncing )

• checked the info directly on the watch. it's still on 3.30 . the upgrade to 3.60 is not showing up anymore.

what do I do ? i've no clue if the bluetooth stack got really upgraded too

• ANT/BLE version 2.20
    gps 6.01
    TSC 2.50
    sw : 3.30

• Well, I'll wait for instructions here on how to get the 3.30 > 3.60 update (or an updated 3.6x if that will happen) since now the watch is in an hybrid state with part of the firmware updated ( or maybe all of it updated, not sure ), while the software is still at 3.30 and garmin express keeps thinking that there's nothing new to add.

Obviously if this is due to garmin temporarily pulling the 3.60 update from their servers , is a different thing... but in that case i would appreciate being told, because now otherwise I'm left wondering about why i'm not being offered again the 3.60 and if it will be even able to update later on when new things will show up

• upp , still waiting for instructions here on how to get the 3.30 > 3.60 update , read the previous post

• upp , still waiting for instructions here on how to get the 3.30 > 3.60 update , read the previous post 

• If you are experiencing this issue, please reply with the following:

1. May we, if necessary, have permission to email you?
    2. May we, if necessary, have permission to view/access your Garmin Connect account?
    3. In what country do you live?
  • Hello and thank you.
    1. Yes, you have permission to email me.
    2. Yes, you have permission to access my Garmin account
    3. I live in Italy