This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu Sq: Hydration Widget will not save input without an active Bluetooth connection

Venu SQ

Adding hydration updates but it’s saving correctly. Only became an issue over the past week. 
Is it a bug since the last update?

• Mine is fine, what is yours doing specifically?  Don’t forget you have to have bluetooth turned both the watch and phone for it to work correctly as unlike the other widgets, it’s a 2 way widget.

• Thanks for your reply…

Previously it has always accepted updates without being connected. It stored them on the watch. Now though (and possible since the last update) it’s not retaining the updates unless it’s connected to the phone. Something has definitely changed somewhere…

• My hydration tracker app UNINSTALLED ITSELF. I saw I had updates, did the update in the IQ app, and it WON'T INSTALL. This is BEYOND FRUSTRATING. I have tried installing it from the IQ app. I have tried installing it from the Connect App >Device > Appearance > Widget. I received my Garmin VivoActive4S in December 2021. Less than 3 months into owning it, I am having grievous problems with the simplest app, the Hydration tracker! Garmin Support, please tell me how to get the reinstall UNSTUCK.

• Fixed it: had to reboot both my Garmin Vivoactive 4S AND my iPhone 7Plus. I tried with just a phone reboot - nope! You HAVE to reboot the Garmin.

• All-

Please record a short video documenting the issue that you are having with your watch's Hydration Widget.  Additionally, so that I may assist you further, please reply with the following:

1. May we, if necessary, have permission to email you?
    2. May we, if necessary, have permission to view/access your Garmin Connect account?
    3. In what country do you live?
  • Here are 2 videos.  It always defaults back to 2 anytime I have bluetooth on the watch turned off.  Doesn’t make any sense, it should be able to hold onto the number of glasses until I re-sync.  The red exclamation tells me to “reconnect to phone to refresh data” which is fine but it should onto the data I give it until then.

Yes, Yes, USA.

Can you see this mov file?  I see I updated it but when I tap on it, it disappears and won’t play.

Click here to play this video

• Here is the 2nd one as an example:

Click here to play this video

• The hydration widgit on my watch is very flakey too. I often get a red bar with an exclamation mark on it, which I assume means it has an error. I often find that it hasn't remembered how many cups I've had and once it arbitrarily changed the goal from 9 to 11 cups for the day. It seems that it has to be mollycoddled.

• I’m pleased to learn it’s not just me! It used to work, and store until a resync was done! 
    be interested to see what the response from garmin is, hopefully there’s a fix!

• Happy to report that version 1.2.3 is working as expected!