This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Firstbeat Sleeptracking for Venu SQ?

I'm pretty happy with the Venu SQ, however compared to my former devices from another manufacturer (:-)), the sleep tracking is a bit disappointing.

I heard good things about the Firstbeat sleep tracking which comes with the new models. Are there plans or tests already to bring the new tracking and maybe the widget to Venu SQ?

• Hello,

New sleep tracking and new widget (as seen on Venu 2) will never come to the Venu SQ, in order to differenciate the products in the Garmin smatwatches lineup.

• That's not a good reason and frankly would be a poor business decision, you can get a health device for much less than $100 with excellent sleep tracking. If the hardware will support it, they need to roll it out to compete...especially this device against the Charge 5 and Luxe

• Yeah I hope that won't be the case.. and some information would be nice.Grinning

• Definitely, I was about to go buy this device today, but then saw the blocking bug where the Activity tracking just randomly stops your tracking because of HR issues. Now that I've dug deeper I see that the sleep tracking is way worse than my FitBit Charge 3, and the HR tracking might be a tad worse. I'm not sure how that's helpful for my Activity tracking even if it captures more metrics...I want those metrics to be accurate and that includes recovery/sleep!

• I have had it for 10 months, the idea of ​​a watch is good, although Garmin has only done marketing with this device, I think they have not taken us seriously from customers who have bought this terminal, surely I would not buy it again at this time Well, a product with more than one year on the market should be more mature in terms of software and features

• Yeah sadly I'm already looking at alternatives and just staying put with my FitBit 3, but really not liking it's swim tracking or Strava integration. But I can't go from a set of a couple frustrations to another set, that's not a solution. I'm likely going to wait and see...specifically watching to see Garmin updates and if they add even more watches. Glad I'm not a developer in their watch division...man.

• I love this watch but agree it is annoying that they don’t bring new technology to older watches.  Once they’re released they will tweak it but nothing major is brought to the watch.  I think its so they can differentiate price differences between the models.  I found the HR and sleep to be better for me personally than my FitBit was.  I see lots of complaints about sleep tracking but personally have had no issues with this.  Since the SW update to 3.0 I have experienced the weird random stopping of an activity but its only happened 2 times to me out of about 20 activities.  I’ve caught it both times and hit the back button and then the continue/start button and it was fine.  I know they’re working on it and it is somehow related to the HR sensor (I think).

The Venu 2 has the better sleep tracking but its so much more expensive at double the price.

• 2 out of 20 is two times to many for me. I had issues with previous FitBits losing my rides and it drove me nuts. My Charge 3 is probably 1 out of 100, the Sleep Tracking is perfect, with the HR being pretty good for most stuff outside of Weight Lifting and non-existent for swimming. Every review I've seen of Garmins non-FirstBeat sleep tracking has it as pretty poor. I couldn't get a Garmin with the new Elevate v4 HR (which is supposedly the closest to Apple's HR accuracy), FirstBeat Sleep tracking, new processor (only Venu 2 and 945 LTE) and one with Training Load, Aerobic and Anaerobic, etc... outside of the Forerunner 945 LTE (which is overkill). That and I don't know what features what Garmin watches support as they don't update their website. For instance, the Venue Sq now supports Auto Rest swimming, but they haven't updated that on the website. So if they ever do add any features to the Venu 2 that would encourage me to purchase it, I'll probably only be able to find out through YouTube reviews. It's not a good look if you ask me for a consumer and athlete focused brand.

So I just got something to wet my appetite for a bit, I was able to find a deal on the FitBit Luxe for $99.99 on HSN, so I can at least track stress and HRV. Still won't get good Swimming analytics or swimming HR, or am I able to pair cycling sensors, and track all the other nice things the Forerunner and Fenix series do, but I also only spent $100 bucks on something that is a known quantity, until Garmin figures out the competition is coming hard and fast from all directions. I'll keep an eye on this space, specifically Coros, Polar, Amazfit, and of course Garmin.

• The HR tracking might be a tad worse. water damage ceiling michigan I'm not sure how that's helpful for my Activity tracking even if it captures more metrics.

• Firstbeat analytics identify and interpret meaningful patterns in your heartbeat kohls credit card data and the sleep score gives you the ability to know how you slept and recognize myaccountaccess.com lifestyle factors that affect your sleep quality. Quite often the duration and the depth of sleep is estimated only based on a motion-sensor....