This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Auto Save - stopped activity - not me

Got a new Venu SQ yesterday after my vivosport's battery failed after 3.5 years.  Did my first activity this morning - walk I've done many times while wearing my vivosport.  Noticed while in the middle of my walk AUTO SAVE appeared on the screen.  I ignored it and kept going.  A bit later I noticed the watch wasn't recording the walk.  I did not stop the activity.  I started another walk activity then ended it when I got home, so the end result was I took TWO walks (but really only one).  One ended with AUTO SAVE, the other ended by me. 

Searched for AUTO SAVE in the user's manual, not there.  Poked around a bit looking for an AUTO SAVE setting on the SQ; couldn't find one.  Did I miss something?  My vivosport never behaved this way.  It started an activity when I told it to, then stopped when I told it to stop.

I also did a search and found a bunch of comments/complaints on AUTO SAVE but no solution as to why or what "decides"' to AUTO SAVE or if it can be disabled.  

All software/firmware is up to date as of today.  2.90 FW, etc.  

• With X number of people commenting on the Auto Save problem here, I'll guess there are X number plus many more SQ owners who are #1 not aware of this forum and/or #2  simply live with the problem.  Something for our friends at Garmin to make note of when dealing with this issue.  

• Still seeing this from time to time, even after locking the screen, with both auto-started and manually started activities  And, as noted, the hiccups are accompanied by gaps in heart rate tracking, some just for the short time between the activity's perceived stop and the time it's save (either manually or automatically); other heart-rate gaps are considerably longer, as long as a couple of hours after everything else appears to be working.

• any news on this?  It did it to me again today on the elliptical.  I was about 33 minutes in and it buzzed my wrist with a Save/Discard.  I hit the B button and then the A button to continue on.  When it started going again it showed my HR was 64, when moments before it was 120.  It seems like the sensor cuts out and then the watch responds to save the activity.

• Also, when I look at HR data, it stopped recording my HR at 8:52 AM and re-started at 11AM, about the time I stopped the workout, yet my workout shows 117 avg HR and 230 calories burned….

• Yes, it seems the sensor stops picking up anything--heartbeat, sleep, anything--and then this happens.  This monring, I walked from the bedroom to the kitchen to make coffee--my Sq buzzed and asked me to save an activity with zero time and zero distance.  Now, the app shows zero heart rate activity from about 1am to 8am (I got up at 7:30).  The activity timeouts appear to be the symptom here, not the actual problem.

• Totally agree its a symptom and just happens to be caught by the activity which is why it stops, because it isn’t detecting a HR I think.

When I look back at my HR day after day there are a few days where NO heart rate was detected all day and I just happened to not workout those days so didn’t notice.  It does continue to count steps though or I would’ve noticed since I look at my steps a lot during the day to make sure I reach my goal.  

• on Saturday the problem returned again. I also noticed that the heart rate detection stopped during the activity.

• All-

Thank you for your continued input on this issue.  At this time, our Engineering team continues to work on a resolution for this.  We do have an update coming to resolve this issue, though, at this time, we do not have an estimate of when that update will be released.  Thank you for your patience with us while we work to resolve this issue.

• Kevin, just an FYI, this is preventing me from purchasing this product and moving from my FitBit Charge 3 to the Garmin ecosystem which will really help me track cycling and swimming much better. I'll be making the move, but it doesn't make sense to buy the watch until this is fixed...definitely a blocking bug for what I'll be relying on the watch for.

• Hi Kevin, I bought my daughter Vena SQ, and both her past activities ended prematurely. I searched and found this discussion. What is the status of the solution, will we see it soon? Thanks for the info, Jarda