This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

compass won't calibrate

Tried doing everything on my SQ.  Watched youtube video tutorials. Tried it in the park, indoors, at home, etc.

Must have done it 30 times.

It just won't calibrate.

Has anybody else had this problem, or any tips?

• No, I haven’t had any issues.  It should automatically calibrate, at least according to the manual....  Try setting a waypoint and then navigating to it with the “navigate” activity and see if the compass directions show up correctly.

• thanks, i'll try that.

• I have the same problem (about month ago all was working perfectly) - but now, the compass is stopping - it means, doesn change the N direction when I rotate the watch horizontaly.

Also it's difficult to calibrate the compass - must reply this process many times to see 'OK' message instead of 'try again'. - but even the calibrate process seems to be OK, the compass doesn't work - it's useless :/

When I try to diagnose the watch by the inner porcedure (you can call it during cold start of the VA3) - and test the magnetic sensor - I see the message: call FAILS :(  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aulsjg3y7nw0vq8/VA3_problem_z_kompasem.jpg?dl=0

• https://youtu.be/w82YUh7mXas. Do exactly as shown in this video. I tried it the way said above and it did not work doing what is shown in this video worked on first try and yes you have to wear it on your wrist. 

• I have not had the problem. However, if you tried everything in tutorials and nothing has worked then it can’t hurt to try one unlikely fix.

It’s called the drone dance.  Level the watch horizontally and turn in 5 or 6 circles keeping it level. Then turn the watch with the face sideways and turn in a circle 5 or 6 times.  Sounds ridiculous but couldn’t hurt to try it.  That is how we set compass on a drone, and Garmin makes drones, so their technology may have similarities.  Hope this helps.