This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Display timeout stuck on Always On after activity with v2.50

After updating to v2.50, both Venu Sq devices in my household have this bug. After an activity the display timeout is stuck on "Always On".  If I reboot the device, then it goes back to the timeout setting it is set to "Short" until I start another activity. Of note is that these devices do have the setting of "Always On" during activities, but that should override the timeout setting after activities. This bug only started with v2.50. I can say that for sure because one of our Venu Sq devices had the new version and had the bug, whereas the other one did not until my update arrived today.

• Did it and it's the same. Nothing changes. After activity display stays always on.I am getting frustrated cause it's draining my battery a lot.  I am charging my venu sq on every third day. 

• Did it and it's the same. Nothing changes. After activity display stays always on.I am getting frustrated cause it's draining my battery a lot.  I am charging my venu sq on every third day. 

Okay, so sorry to hear it didn't work! May I reach out to your from Garmin? I would like to create a case for you. 

• Yes of course. Reach out to my email. Thank you a lot. Appreciate it. Grin

• Yes of course. Reach out to my email. Thank you a lot. Appreciate it

No problem! I have sent you an email!

• Hi Isabella... Update on this issue for my two Venu SQs. I recently changed the following setting:
    System -> Display -> Gesture -> Always On and the issue has been resolved.

It was previously set to "Only During Activity". Then after a few days I changed my wife's Venu SQ to the same setting, and this change also fixed hers. Not sure if this will help Garmin troubleshoot and resolve this issue, but hopefully it will. Or if not hopefully this info helps some of the others with this bug.

• Hi Isabella... Update on this issue for my two Venu SQs. I recently changed the following setting:
    System -> Display -> Gesture -> Always On and the issue has been resolved.

It was previously set to "Only During Activity". Then after a few days I changed my wife's Venu SQ to the same setting, and this change also fixed hers. Not sure if this will help Garmin troubleshoot and resolve this issue, but hopefully it will. Or if not hopefully this info helps some of the others with this bug.

Okay, thank you for this!