This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu Sq running accuracy

My Venu Sq, Fitbit Versa 3 and phone all show different results when running for distance completed and pace. I'm not sure which one I should presume is right - most accurate?

Top Replies

All Replies

• Are you using GPS on all of them?  I would think they would be fairly close if so?  How far off are they?  Using GPS will get you the most accurate results in a run.

Whenever I’ve compared two smart watches they’ve never been 100% and steps would sometimes differ as much as 500 on a walk, which is a lot.  I compared the Versa 2 to my Venu SQ and the HR was always quite a bit off/low on the FitBit so I returned it.

• HI!

Yes, GPS on all. The Fitbit records the least, then the Garmin and then the phone. I did a test run yesterday and the Venu and phone were the closest to what was expected based on a map, only ever so slightly differed, one less and one more. 

• I have compared my Fitbit Charge 2 and my venu for a few days. FB is always out on everything, especially calories. Today i rode my  electric scooter and used GPS. Fitbit under calculated the distance, but what was worse it said i burnt 280 calories, while the venu said 88. Garmin must be using my heartbeat, while FB are using some bike algorithm, i'm guessing. Hope it helps. Won't be buying a FB again now that i know this.

• Try uploading the GPX files for the same routes to this site http://www.mygpsfiles.com/app/

It will overlay each trace and you can see which looks most believable. Unfortunately, my experience of comparing my old TomTom Spark with my new Venu SQ shows the Venu SQ to be significantly worse - zig-zagging and wandering around - effectively showing more distance than you've actually run.

• Thanks, everyone. 

Yesterday I measured a distance and then ran it. Interestingly, though the GPS map of the Garmin run veered away from the route a few times, the distance matched what I'd measured beforehand with just a few metres difference. I found that odd - but good it matched. Though still not 100% whether I'll be keeping it tbh. There's just something about it that seems...wrong.

• Thanks, everyone. 

Yesterday I measured a distance and then ran it. Interestingly, though the GPS map of the Garmin run veered away from the route a few times, the distance matched what I'd measured beforehand with just a few metres difference. I found that odd - but good it matched. Though still not 100% whether I'll be keeping it tbh. There's just something about it that seems...wrong.