This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu Sq Music Edition causing itch below the band area and battery lasting about 3days approx

Hello,

1. I have brand new Venu SQ music edition and it has been 2days since I have been using it. After 6hrs of wearing, the skin area under the band is getting very itchy. I'm planning to wear this all day long. Because I want to keep track of heart rate/stress rate/pulse ox levels through out day. But I couldn't wear this for more than 6hrs. Provide steps to avoid this or if its fault with watch band, point me to the proper watch band.
  2. Even though my watch is music edition, I don't use this for music. I need to have all the trackers ON for heart-rate/activity/stress level/pulse ox etc. Battery is lasting for 3days from 100% charge. Is this normal? Is this the maximum capability of this watch?
  • #1. I can't help you with #1 as I am not sensitive to the band but there are tons online you can purchase.  Any 20mm quick release band should work with this watch.  I can say that to get a decent pulse ox reading I need to have the band on pretty tight which can be annoying so I just do pulse ox on the fly most of the time.

#2. Do you have always on display going?  That will drain the battery much faster.  Also, Pulse OX, yes if on will shorten the battery life span.  Without it on I get about a week per charge but with it on 3-4 days.  You could try just night time instead all day pulse ox.  Also look at your display brightness haptic vibration levels.

• Also, Pulse OX, yes if on will shorten the battery life span.

I concur. I'd say that's the main culprit. Keeping pulseox on 24/7 makes little sense, as it doesn't work reliably when moving anyway.

• Thanks for the response. I see it not working reliably when not moving either. Plenty of variation from medical equipment readings. It even gave me reading 85 when reading took by my family doctor is 98.

• Thank you for response. I will take note of 20mm bands. However I'm not sure which sort of band can be comfortable in wearing the watch for longer periods of time.

#2 I don't have the always on display. Display goes off in couple of seconds. Brightness is set to medium. However pulse ox is set to 24hr which have disabled now. I will check if this increases battery life.

• They make metal, leather and other types of bands, very different then the rubbery one that comes with it.  20mm is the same size as one of the Samsung watches so there are tons of them on Amazon.  The Garmin lugs are slightly off (larger) so there was one band I had to send back because the pins were too short and kept coming off.  Other then the one band I’ve had no issues with the others I’ve ordered though.

I just do the manual check of pulse ox when I am sitting watching TV or reading.  If I press the watch face down on my arm I get an accurate reading (98-100%), otherwise it is always low 90’s which I know is inaccurate.  I never had this problem with my last Garmin device so not sure what thats about.  

• So I was alternating the areas on wrist where the watch is sitting every 5 or 6 hrs and yet here is what is happening with belt. I'm OK with 3days battery life on full charge, but the band with certain type of material should be suggested. The current band is leaving patches which are both itchy and burning.

Forming patches on skin

• Hello! I am sorry to see this has happened. I would like to get this resolved for you ASAP. Can you let me know where you are located so we can put you in touch with the correct Garmin Support. 

• Hello, I'm located in San Bruno, California. Zipcode 94066

• OK, May I reach out to you by email?