This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Stopwatch shortcut causing watch to restart

I set the stopwatch as my shortcut feature during the initial set up. It worked just fine until after I charged the battery after it died the first time. I noticed that when I swiped to use it from the watch face as well as selecting it from the controls menu it caused my watch to restart itself. I've tried manually turning the watch off and turning it back on but it didn't help. 

I have the timer set now and it works just fine. Has anyone else experienced this with any of the shortcut features and have you found a way to fix it??

SW Version 2.40

• I set the stopwatch as my shortcut feature during the initial set up. It worked just fine until after I charged the battery after it died the first time. I noticed that when I swiped to use it from the watch face as well as selecting it from the controls menu it caused my watch to restart itself. I've tried manually turning the watch off and turning it back on but it didn't help. 

I have the timer set now and it works just fine. Has anyone else experienced this with any of the shortcut features and have you found a way to fix it??

SW Version 2.40

Hello! Can I have you perform a hard reset on the device and see if it continues to have this issue? (Press and hold the top right button until the screen goes blank, ignore anything that pops up on the screen while holding the button, leave it sitting off for a full minute, then turn it back on) I was unable to replicate this on my Venu Sq. Let me know if this doesn't help!

• I do have it set up to send out an assistance request if I hold the A button. Will the hard reset occur before the assistance notification is sent out to my emergency contacts?

• I do have it set up to send out an assistance request if I hold the A button. Will the hard reset occur before the assistance notification is sent out to my emergency contacts?

That is okay, ignore that notification and keep holding the A button, it will not send out an alert if you continue to hold it down, eventually it will turn off and go blank after that!

• The hard reset didn't work, unfortunately. I accidentally verified your first response when I was trying to post a reply using my phone. I'm unsure how to undo that. Do you have any other suggestions?

• Yes, can we try a restore to defaults on the device? (Menu>System>Reset>Delete Data and Reset Settings) Make sure to sync with Garmin Connect first as this will delete everything from your watch. Then can you let me know if this works or not?

• The restore did the trick! However, what do I do about my Garmin Connect data? I synced my watch before restoring but the app now doesn't recognize my watch. Do I have to add my watch as a new device again or is there a way to reconnect to the watch data from the last sync?

• You add your watch back in as a new device and all your data will still be in the app, just not displayed on the watch until you do new activities etc.

• Thank you for the help!! Worked like a charm Grin

• The restore did the trick!

Great! Glad to hear it!