This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Abnormal heart rate alert.

I have a new Venu sq music that I am setting up and getting used of.  My problem is with the Abnormal heart rate alert, which I understand will notify me of either a high or low rate ONCE I HAVE BEEN INACTIVE FOR 10 MINUTES (what it says when you set the values for the high and low levels). My problem is that the alerts for the high value begin and continue for my entire daily walk as my heart rate rises.  I expected this high alert to only display if I am inactive for 10 minutes (as it says). Am I missing a setting somewhere

• Hi, are you manually starting a walking activity when this alert goes off?  Where did you set the alert? There is the *Settings, “wrist heart rate”, “abnormal heart rate alert” is where it should be set.

You can also set alerts in an activity and then it would notify you when you’re doing an activity and you meet a heart rate threshold.

• Thank you for your reply.  It is becoming clearer.  On my phone in the Connect app, I have set for the device (venu sq) an abnormal heart rate alert (40 low, 100 high) which will alert if reach after 10 minutes inactivity. As you have explained, on the watch, within the walking activity, the alerts (in settings) are set at 50-95, so naturally are 'alerting' as soon as my HR hits 95. Iit hasn't been alerting when Im bike riding or running because they are set low 120 and Hi 180. I haven't set any of these values on the watch so are guessing they are the defaults.  I think my problem will be solved once I alter the values on my watch for walking so that the high is higher than 95, this is a bit too low and no wonder it has been going off. Thanks SO SO. much for your help.

• Having similar issue.  How did you set it in Connect app?