This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu 2: Hydration Widget will not save input without an active Bluetooth connection

1. Adding a glass looks like it was added but then when the watch display is off and I turn it back on it goes back to 0.

2. It doesn't reset in the morning unless I sync the watch with phone.

3. The app only barely works when the watch is connected to the phone. Even then, it glitches a lot.

• Nice, that is really weird. Sounds like a bug. It just wants Bluetooth on without a phone to be able to add a glass. Very disappointing Disappointed

Garmin-Kevin sounds like this is the issue. The app doesn't work when Bluetooth is off, it doesn't need the phone just a Bluetooth that is not connected to anything. Care to check with the developers? As a developer myself I am pretty sure this is a bug, as it makes no sense.

• Agree, it should be like the rest of the data and just wait to update the app when you re-connect.

• An active Bluetooth connection with your watch and the Garmin Connect mobile app is recommended to achieve proper functionality with the Hydration Widget.

• I understand it is recommended, but why doesn't it work otherwise? It makes no sense to break watch functionality when phone is not around, it shouldn't be like that.

It is clearly a bug if everything works just by turning Bluetooth on (without connecting to the phone). It's the same as Bluetooth off, just using more battery.

Can you please pass the information to the developers or open a bug? We supplied all needed information, this is reproduced very easily. I would expect a 400$ watch to at least be able to do the basic functionality of maintaining a counter without a phone around. Thanks!

• I am seeing the same issue, I have removed and reinstalled the app, performed a hard reset. No change in how the watch works, when connect via bluetooth any addition to the hydration widget is maintained. Any additions made when bluetooth isn't connected is not maintained, sometimes it will stay for a 20 or 30 minutes and then disappear but most times it is gone as soon as I back out of the widget.

This is not how the widget worked before the last update which I hoped would fix the issue where it didn't reset the total for a new day.

As my watch seems to have repeated issues with this widget I am suspecting there is a defect in it, would you agree?

• Same here, hydration app is totally not working without phone. Same symptoms here.

As device with internal memory (Music edition) should have some kilobytes space to store how much cups i marked.

During hikes i do not use my phone, phone is at home, why watch cannot work without phone? 

• It's worse than that after the latest update. If the watch is not connected to the phone, the widget on the watch doesn't work at all. It stays at 0.

If they're having that much trouble with the data synching,  I'd rather it just work the opposite way and never try to sync at all. At least I'd be able to use the widget then. 

After the last update I've now stopped using it entirely. Requiring my phone to be near me every time i drink something is ridiculous. 

• That doesn't work anymore. 

• how hard can it be to fix this simple bug? A 400$ watch that can keep a counter of 1 to 10.

Please at least reply and let us know if it's going to be fixed. We all gave super-detailed instructions.

It works in vivoactive 4s BTW.

• On my side I have 2 watches with same bug: Vivoactive 4 and Venu SQ.