This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

APAC Venu 2 stuck in the past

Hello Garmin,

I saw the latest firmware version 5.27 for the venu 2 has been released and the phased roll out showed 100%. I hate to be a broken record concerning APAC vs ROW but the 100% roll out can't be right, can it? My venu purchased in Malaysia still on version 3.4.

Is this garmin forum only cater venu 2 purchase only in NA or EU?

Would garmin provide a different timeline for my outdated version of venu 2? Trying to do the manual update using the beta firmware does nothing which is absurd considering the watch is basically the same.

Garmin might forgot that there are other countries selling the venu 2 apart from NA/EU

• That's like at least 3 versions behind if I am counting correctly.  And look at the major version number - that's 2 less than the current version for the rest of the world!

.. unfortunately this also means we are still being tormented by old bugs like wifi not connecting with 030 error, sleep only pulse ox measurement getting switched to all day mysteriously, etc etc.

Usually these Asia models cost a little more than their base model counterpart.  And yet I feel like we are the 2nd class citizens here.... I just have to ask - WHY the long wait??

Sorry for the rant, but I am really confused by the lack of attention to us Asian customers who initially see the local language support as a positive but are now getting burned for making this choice to shell out more $ for this model.

• Well said. Garmin should released the software update globally for English version. Put other languages as optional updates in Garmin Express. How long we have to wait.

• Well said. Garmin should released the software update globally for English version. Put other languages as optional updates in Garmin Express. How long we have to wait.

• I had issues connecting to wifi and others since the first day i bought it. Checked the current software of my watch is 3.4 and only found out about this forum. Others have the option to 5.27 already? Wow, I wish I knew about this and would not buy a Garmin Watch for BAD SUPPORT!

• I had issues connecting to wifi and others since the first day i bought it. Checked the current software of my watch is 3.4 and only found out about this forum. Others have the option to 5.27 already? Wow, I wish I knew about this and would not buy a Garmin Watch for BAD SUPPORT!

• Not happy at all seeing my Venu 2 riddled with all these bugs, especially when these bugs have long been fixed for many others.

• And as usual the comments will fall on deaf ears. No Garmin reps will reply and even if they do, the answer will be as vague as possible. Something along the line "we take note the issue and let the respective dept know"

• Most likely they will ignore. And hey the plan from Garmin I guess is they just sell it here but don't want to provide a continuous support like other region gets.

• Yes most likely they'll ignore because Garmin-Kevin is still replying in other topic but not this one.

• So disappointing and frustrating. I am in Asia but I use English language anyway. We do not even have an option to update it manually. And yes, it's cheaper to buy it from abroad than locally! They do not even give a timeline on when we can expect the FW release for us....