This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

GARMIN EXPRESS ISSUE: some Widgets/Apps are duplicating

Hi

I noticed the following ISSUE:

Certain apps or widgets show up twice in in the App List in Garmin Express (Windows) - see screenshot below!

Currently the following apps have duplicates: 

• Garmin Hydration Widget
  • Garmin Connect Challengers
  • myABC (Altimeter Barometer App)

The apps are only duplicating on Garmin Express, not on the watch itself (VENU 2, currently on firmware v 4.67)

I tried to remove one instance of each app, but it did not work. I have also tried to remove the affected apps completly and then reinstall it, also without permanent success....

Is anyone else experiencing similar problems?

please keep us posted on any findings!

• It's actually not an issue.  I've been doing CIQ apps for a long time, and the Venu2 is the first CIQ 4.x device.  With 4.0, the "widget" type app no longer exists, and is now a "super app" which can show up both in the glance loop as well as the activity loop, and can be removed from either or both.  Here's a screen shot of some of my test apps that make it a bit clearer.  Notice that Simple Lean G2 is a watch face and only shows once,

Pi Temps is a widget on pre 4.x devices, and shows up on the venu2 as both a device application as well a glance - it's a "super app" and shows in two different places on the venu 2 and therefore shows up in two places in Garmin Express:

• It's actually not an issue

I disagree, the ui in express could have been done in a much better way.

Imho there should be one listing per app. The X should remove the app.

A right click option or a dropdown option should be provided to disable the glance/app version. 

This would be a lot better implementation as removal of an app is a lot more common action than disabling one of it's functions (this action is rare)