This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Screen Frozen, Not Responding, or Gesture and Touch Do Not Work

i bought a lily a few days ago. as soon as I go to the sun the screen no longer lights up either with the movement of the hand or by typing

beta 4.91 improves the situation a bit. but it is not yet perfect. as soon as I go into the sun the screen goes out. and the watch restarts when I get home. the only improvement is I no longer need to plug in the watch for it to wake up.

• I purchased my watch yesterday and am having the same issue. Mine is also set to high sensitivity and long duration.

• Update: no freezing issues since the last software update. I use only the walking and biking activities. Really hoping that the update has solved the problem, as I like the watch otherwise and don't want to go through the bother of sending it back to Garmin. Will update if the problem happens again.

• Same issue! I am so mad. We have been hiking and it just stops working. I plug it in and it has 94% battery. I don't see any resolutions here or have I missed it?

• HI there! Can you please call in to your local support so they can go ahead and get this resolved for you! 00 800 121 45 63 *
    +48 22 300 31 55

• I have the same problem abs it’s driving me insane. I am in Australia how can I fix???

• I have the same issue. Have had the watch for a week.  Lily stopped responding after second day.  Despite having full battery it will work for a few hours and then shut down.  Have tried all suggested recovery methods.  Still happening.  Very disappointing.  What do I do now? 

• I've only had my new garmin Lily for 3 days - wont hold charge and keeps just going blank - so disappointed - My hubby has had a Garmin over 2 years with absolutely no problems at all. Not sure how to rectify

• Same problem here. Watch is less than a week old and was a replacement for another Lily which done the exact same thing. It appears Garmin don’t give a crap about it, they reply quickly to someone telling them they fixed a problem but no response to the multiple people telling them it’s still not working. Garmin are a big enough company that should be able to resolve this problem. The Lily is not a cheap watch and Garmin should be doing more to resolve this ridiculous problem! 

• Hi same story but more elaborate, got the Lily on Thursday, froze on my walk, no way to wake it up. Plugged into charger after reading here that that was the quick fix even though the battery was at 83%. Same thing happend on Sunday when I went for a walk, then on Friday I worked on an eliptical for an hour and a half and it never sensed it was an activity, then would not allow me to sync so when I went to bed both Phone and Lily said I had 66 steps. I woke up Monday morning to it suddenly have synced with an actual 16,000 steps then alert me to low battery of 5%?

I charged it fully, then put it on and it froze up again. I plugged it back into the charger, at 99% got it working, did a factory reset and am sending it back for a full refund and am going to bit the bullet and get an Apple SE even though the battery life is only 18 hours. I would rather have it work and have to charge it at night than all this other garbage.

It's a shame that nowadays you can spend hundreds of dollars on a simple item that should work and doesn't. Attached is a link for a factory reset for anyone that wants to continue to mess around trying to fix their new broken fitness device.

www8.garmin.com/.../GUID-F6643FF0-4CD1-487E-B8A8-9047F84869C6.html

• Hi same story but more elaborate, got the Lily on Thursday, froze on my walk, no way to wake it up. Plugged into charger after reading here that that was the quick fix even though the battery was at 83%. Same thing happend on Sunday when I went for a walk, then on Friday I worked on an eliptical for an hour and a half and it never sensed it was an activity, then would not allow me to sync so when I went to bed both Phone and Lily said I had 66 steps. I woke up Monday morning to it suddenly have synced with an actual 16,000 steps then alert me to low battery of 5%?

I charged it fully, then put it on and it froze up again. I plugged it back into the charger, at 99% got it working, did a factory reset and am sending it back for a full refund and am going to bit the bullet and get an Apple SE even though the battery life is only 18 hours. I would rather have it work and have to charge it at night than all this other garbage.

It's a shame that nowadays you can spend hundreds of dollars on a simple item that should work and doesn't. Attached is a link for a factory reset for anyone that wants to continue to mess around trying to fix their new broken fitness device.

www8.garmin.com/.../GUID-F6643FF0-4CD1-487E-B8A8-9047F84869C6.html