This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Screen Frozen, Not Responding, or Gesture and Touch Do Not Work

i bought a lily a few days ago. as soon as I go to the sun the screen no longer lights up either with the movement of the hand or by typing

beta 4.91 improves the situation a bit. but it is not yet perfect. as soon as I go into the sun the screen goes out. and the watch restarts when I get home. the only improvement is I no longer need to plug in the watch for it to wake up.

• Yes you can. Do you have my e- mail adress?

• I purchased my Garmin Lily today and after setting it up I have the same issue! It isn’t reacting when moving my arm or when I tap on the screen. 

• I purchased my Garmin Lily today and after setting it up I have the same issue! It isn’t reacting when moving my arm or when I tap on the screen. 

Hello! Can you let me know what the gesture mode and sensitivity is set to on the watch?

• I got my watch yesterday as well and have the same issue. I don't mind the gesture that much but that it doesn't react to tapping is really disappointing. What's the point of having a watch when you cannot tell the time.

• I got my watch yesterday as well and have the same issue. I don't mind the gesture that much but that it doesn't react to tapping is really disappointing. What's the point of having a watch when you cannot tell the time.

Hello! We do have a case on this. If you are located in the US, we can get this resolved for you. If you are outside of the US, I can help with getting you in contact with the right local Garmin Support!

• Hi, I will not open another topic, but I am facing the same issue and noticed a pattern. The watch turns of screen/tracking, when I am outside and when the weather is rather cold (max -5 degreec C) and I do not wear it under my sleeve. I hope this is not the case though, because that would be disappointing...

• I haven't had this issue again, but I find I often have to tap my watch several times to wake it up. Simply touching the button does nothing. I'm not sure if that's normal or not.  I kept triggering the emergency alert system and ended up removing access to my contacts so it wouldn't send out that message that I'm ok to my husband when I'm just trying to get my watch to wake up!

Lately I've been having the "add to hydration log" screen come up at times when I'm not even using the watch, and I have that widget disabled.  I'm wondering if I might need to contact support for a replacement.

• Hi, same issue here, bought the watch yesterday. No response even when tapping. The settings are: mode gesture always on  sensitivity to high and timeout to medium. Can I get more information, please.

• Hi, same issue here, bought the watch yesterday. No response even when tapping. The settings are: mode gesture always on  sensitivity to high and timeout to medium. Can I get more information, please.

Hey! Are you in the US or Canada?