Lily cannot use iPhone GPS anymore

Recently, my girlfriends Garmin Lily stopped being able to use the gps from her iPhone, making it partially useless to her since this was why she bought the watch in the first place. 

I’m not sure when it exactly happened. The lily still connects to the iPhone and is able to sync via the Garmin connect app. When you start an activity the Lilly gives you the message to start the connect app to initiate the connection for the gps. Here is where it goes different. After opening the GCA nothing happens. No connection is made and the Lily asks to check the location settings on the phone. I’ve checked all of this and the Garmin connect app is allowed to access the location information always. 

the lily keeps timing out on connection with the Garmin app. 
depleting the battery from the lily, repairing it with her iPhone or even connecting it to another iPhone does not work. The only thing which comes to mind is that it has something to do with the latest iOS updates, but I can’t pinpoint that. 

• Recently, my girlfriends Garmin Lily stopped being able to use the gps from her iPhone, making it partially useless to her since this was why she bought the watch in the first place. 

I’m not sure when it exactly happened. The lily still connects to the iPhone and is able to sync via the Garmin connect app. When you start an activity the Lilly gives you the message to start the connect app to initiate the connection for the gps. Here is where it goes different. After opening the GCA nothing happens. No connection is made and the Lily asks to check the location settings on the phone. I’ve checked all of this and the Garmin connect app is allowed to access the location information always. 

the lily keeps timing out on connection with the Garmin app. 
    depleting the battery from the lily, repairing it with her iPhone or even connecting it to another iPhone does not work. The only thing which comes to mind is that it has something to do with the latest iOS updates, but I can’t pinpoint that. 

Hello! What software version is the watch and iPhone on? Could I have you try to power off and on the iPhone, resync with the watch in the Garmin Connect app, and try to connect GPS again from the Lily. 

• The Lily is running SW version 3.5 and the iPhone is on iOS 14.4.1.

We have tried the process you describe already without succes. The lily keeps giving the same message.
    We also tried to connect the Lily to my own phone (also an iPhone running on iOS 14.4.1) without succes. 

• The Lily is running SW version 3.5 and the iPhone is on iOS 14.4.1.

We have tried the process you describe already without succes. The lily keeps giving the same message.
    We also tried to connect the Lily to my own phone (also an iPhone running on iOS 14.4.1) without succes. 

Okay, can I have you try one more thing? Can we restore to defaults on the watch? (Menu>Settings>System>Reset>Delete Data and Reset Settings) After this, can we re-pair to the iPhone and see if we get the same result or not?

• We tried this option also resulting in the same results. The watch isn’t able to connect to the phone for the use of gps. It keeps asking for the location setting. 

the Lily is becoming a rather useless device like this in less than 2 months time since my girlfriend bought it

• We tried this option also resulting in the same results. The watch isn’t able to connect to the phone for the use of gps. It keeps asking for the location setting. 

the Lily is becoming a rather useless device like this in less than 2 months time since my girlfriend bought it

Okay, may I reach out to you via email from Garmin?

• Hi there, I am having the same issue. Posted my question in the forum. Do you mind helping either through the forum or email ?  Thanks

• Hello! Is your device no longer able to use GPS? Can you restore your Lily to defaults after syncing with Garmin Express? Then pair it back to the phone and test it. Let me know if this does not work. 

• Hi there, I actually got the watch a week ago but haven't been able to connect to iPhone GPS for activities, even once. 

Below is info copied from my own question in the forum: 

iOS updated 14.5

Garmin Software updated 4.20

iPhone location sharing Always.

Tried to resolve it by e.g. unpairing and repairing, resetting watch to default settings, restart phone, multiple times.

When I attempt to start an activity e.g. run with GPS location,

Phone shows GPS location icon on top right corner, and (occasionally) shows notification from Garmin connect that it is "Sending GPS to Lily".

Watch shows this loading screen with "You must launch app and enable location services", even though app is open and location is turned on. 

After trying to connect for a while and failing, it shows "Try again?". Even if I do try again, still unable.

So this is obviously a huge issue, what else can be done to resolve this???

Also, the bluetooth connection seems intermittent sometimes every couple of seconds EVEN with the app open. I know this because I set my watch to buzz me each time it connects and disconnects from my phone, to monitor the connection.

PS: Yes, upon receiving your reply, I tried once again to sync with Garmin Express, reset, pair with phone again. However, still unable to connect with phone GPS.