This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Screen Frozen, Not Responding, or Gesture and Touch Do Not Work

i bought a lily a few days ago. as soon as I go to the sun the screen no longer lights up either with the movement of the hand or by typing

beta 4.91 improves the situation a bit. but it is not yet perfect. as soon as I go into the sun the screen goes out. and the watch restarts when I get home. the only improvement is I no longer need to plug in the watch for it to wake up.

• Yes  -  happened again today when using the walking activity. Watchface suddenly stopped displaying. No amount of tapping would reactivate the watch. Would only display if a phone notification came in or when I got home and plugged it into the charger. Stopped counting steps as well.

• Ok, what SW version are you on?

• OK, thank you! Are you in the US or CAD where can I reach out to you?

• Canada. Your colleague Isabella offered to email me (I had replied to another post yesterday from somebody else experiencing the same issue). If I don't hear back I will let you know. Thanks!

• Perfect! She will get you taken care of! 

• I have the same issue that the watch does not respond to any wrist movement or tap. I can activate it by connecting to power. I then have to reset the watch to factory settings. It then works for a few days, and then the same problem occurs again. Pretty annoying. I do not always have the power connection available, and can be without a watch for several hours, even days. Also it shall not be like that I have to reset the watch after a few days to make it work. It is not acceptable. Please come up with a solid solution!

P.S. I can not find any setting in the app that show gesture sensitivity. 

• I have the same issue that the watch does not respond to any wrist movement or tap. I can activate it by connecting to power. I then have to reset the watch to factory settings. It then works for a few days, and then the same problem occurs again. Pretty annoying. I do not always have the power connection available, and can be without a watch for several hours, even days. Also it shall not be like that I have to reset the watch after a few days to make it work. It is not acceptable. Please come up with a solid solution!

P.S. I can not find any setting in the app that show gesture sensitivity. 

Hello! I agree, you should not have to reset it every few days for it to work. Can you let me know what your Gesture Mode, Gesture Sensitivity, and Timeout is set to in the watch? Also if you are located in the US or Canada?

• Hi

The gesture mode is always on, gesture sensitivity is set to low, and that works perfectly until it get’s locked. Anyway, that should not have any effect on the fact that it won’t respond to tapping. The timeout is set to medium. 

I am located in Norway. 

• Hi

The gesture mode is always on, gesture sensitivity is set to low, and that works perfectly until it get’s locked. Anyway, that should not have any effect on the fact that it won’t respond to tapping. The timeout is set to medium. 

I am located in Norway. 

Okay, may I email you from Garmin for some more information?