This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Screen Frozen, Not Responding, or Gesture and Touch Do Not Work

i bought a lily a few days ago. as soon as I go to the sun the screen no longer lights up either with the movement of the hand or by typing

beta 4.91 improves the situation a bit. but it is not yet perfect. as soon as I go into the sun the screen goes out. and the watch restarts when I get home. the only improvement is I no longer need to plug in the watch for it to wake up.

• Today I received a brand new Lily Garmin. I  updated the software, charged an setup the phone. I started a walk activity and ten minutes into the walk I had the same issues as described here.  The watch would not respond to the flick gesture or the double tap. The front buttton also did not respond. Every now and then a message would come through and the watch would buzz.  Once I came home I connected the phone to the charger and it started working again.  The activity was even there but no steps were counted. After reading several forums including this one I decided to send the watch back.
    Before this one I had a vivosport HR. Worked very well but after 2 years the wrist band broke.  Garmin told me that for that model there was no spare band available so I though I would upgrade but after tthis dissapointment the upgrade is probably no longer a Gamin. I find it frustrating that in all the forums these problems are handled, Garmin does not come back with an answer

• Hi, I called the specified number, they have not provided such a service for a long time. What should I do next because the problem remains relevant? 

• I have the same issue. I just bought and set it up and it it isn’t reacting neither when I move my arm or tap the screen. 

• Hi, I need the same information please.  Located in the US.  

• I also have The same problem. In Lithuania

• Any update????? 

• I'm not an official Garmin person or anything, but as a new Lily owner, I found that the Lily doesn't react when the battery is below 65% or so.  I turned off the e-mail notifications to conserve battery (I get a lot of annoying e-mails that I don't need to see right away) and then I put it on charge every morning.  This worked for me.  In absence of anything official from Garmin on this forum (which is a disappointment), I thought I'd share my experience.  Other than that, I like the Lily - now I can only hope I don't affect the battery life by the frequent charging.

• I'm not an official Garmin person or anything, but as a new Lily owner, I found that the Lily doesn't react when the battery is below 65% or so.  I turned off the e-mail notifications to conserve battery (I get a lot of annoying e-mails that I don't need to see right away) and then I put it on charge every morning.  This worked for me.  In absence of anything official from Garmin on this forum (which is a disappointment), I thought I'd share my experience.  Other than that, I like the Lily - now I can only hope I don't affect the battery life by the frequent charging.

• Also dug around and found how to adjust Gesture sensitivity:   pressing the screen to view the menu and swipe to the gear icon and tap> then tap on the 2 gear icons and swipe to Gesture sensitivity.

• Yes I purchased the watch for my wife after a couple of days it showed the same symptoms - wife is not pleased. I had told her Garmin was a quality company - she doesn't believe that anymore.