This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No wifi networks detected

My smart scale had been working ok for the last 2-3 years. It was always a bit flaky with wifi but I could generally get it to work and once working seemed to work flawlessly until it needed to be changed again. This time however, something seems to be broken completely.

I recently upgraded my wifi to google wifi mesh. This has a single AP for both 2.4 and 5 whereas before I had different APs for each.

I reset the scale and tried to connect. At first it seemed to detect the network but timed out after entering the login details. 
I thought maybe some of the old settings were interfering so I performed a hard reset (5 second press) and tried again (I also tried leaving the batteries out for a while)

This time and all subsequent times, it fails to see any wifi networks at all. Previously it could see several of the neighbour's APs as well as my own. 

Thinking it might be caused by all visible networks using a dual band AP I created a single 2.4 band wifi hotspot using my phone but it could not see that AP either.

I attempted to manually configure the AP but it failed to connect

Any thoughts on how I can make the scale see wifi networks again?

• Just to follow up my own post. I've found the following:

1. Wait for garmin connect to detect wifi networks (none found)

2. Choose manually configure and enter the AP details

3. There is no feedback in garmin connect at this point but I needed to wait

4. After a time it tells me there has been no response from the network

5. Select back and the scales displays a tick as though setup is complete

If the network manually setup up is google wifi subsequent connections fail (this is a dual band AP)

If the network manually setup is the hotspot from my phone (2.4 GHz) then subsequent connections succeed.

So the workround is to turn on my phone's hotspot before weighing myself. I can sort of live with that.

Hope this helps someone - it looks as though even if the wifi setup looks as though it has failed/timed out it might actually have been successful and it is worth checking if you get past the wrench icon.

• Exact same problem. Did you ever get it resolved to work on your wifi and not just the hotspot?

• No, I think it is either that the scales cannot connect to WiFi networks if both 2.4 and 5 GHz have the same SSID.

But it may also be an interoperability issue between the scales and Google WiFi which Google might fix with an update in future but I wouldn't hold your breath.

At least there is a work round.