This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How do I get past "this name is already being used by someone sharing the scale" when installing the Index Scale on iOS?

I've just got myself an iPhone and tried to install my already registered Garmin Index Scale. It successfully pairs and then asks me to enter my profile details. It even prefills it with my name. However when I try to advance the screen it says "this name is already being used by someone sharing the scale". But I'm the only user who has ever used the scale and it has recorded my weigh history with no problems.

I read one user who successfully installed the scale with Garmin Express on his PC and an Ant Stick - and I've done the same. But when I go to the iOS app on my iphone 12 Mini, I run into the above problem again. Any ideas?

• Have you figured this out? I called Garmin support and they couldn't even tell me how to fix this.

• I'm having same issue. I have Garmin Connect on both my iPhone and iPad. I know my Fenix 5 Plus can only be paired to 1 at a time for syncing. I'd like to have my scale information be transferred to both iPhone and iPad but won't let me add to iPad due to user name already exists. It looks like the scale tries to use bluetooth when pairing to iPad. Will have to see if I can have it use wifi instead. 

• I ended up figuring this out. I had to login into my Garmin account and delete the scale then add it back. Then I was able to go through my setup on my phone with Garmin Connect without it saying that the user exists.

• Not necessary! Just give it another name and change it back after successfully connected. Worked perfectly