This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Index Smart Scale X Error

I'm using my Garmin Index Smart Scale with Version 3.10.0.0

Last success measurement was a week ago (Saturday) and before that working flawless.

This week we tried a couple of weightins as well today and every time the X message on the upper right corner will show, name and numbers seem OK but do not transfer or better say they are not assigned and add it to our accounts automatically, they do show if you go to Health Stats and Weight they are there and have to be add it manually.

Maybe it has to do with this week Garmin Connect app (iOS) update Version 4.32 because before that it was working fine the scale without X errors and assigning weights to users/accounts.

Also not necessarily related but I think it has to do with Garmin Connect app (iOS) update since this update the communication between Garmin Connect app Apple iOS Activity app in particular Calorie count has been semi lost (added after a workout but then if you open Garmin Connect again it will remove the calories from the workout on the Apple Activity Calorie.

• Apparently it had something to do with garmin servers. It was a general Issue. Mine started working again a couple hours ago!

• still doesn't work on my side. same >>>>>X error

• mine is still not working, tried removing scales from Connect app and re installing it but that's not worked. Also the other user isn't recognised now on the scales even after accepting them again so wouldn't advise trying this.

• I tried that yesterday, then did a hard reset, re installed, still nothing. Must be a server problem.

• I am experiencing the same problem since at least Monday of this past week, still happening this morning.

With a network trace tool, I can see the scale open an HTTPS connection to gold.garmin.com (which rules out a network problem, I think.) I hope it's a server issue that Garmin can fix quickly.

• Same here with 2 Garmin scales.  Both last worked Thursday 6/25. When I try to reset, they both get the solid wifi symbol with the X in the far right.  After a few seconds, the wifi symbol goes back to flashing and the sync symbol is displayed.  

• Do Garmin actually read these threads? Do they respond? Would be nice to know they were working on the problem like other products do. Usually as soon as they know there is a problem, even if they haven’t figured it out yet?!?!?!?! I feel like I’m waiting for some feedback but thinking i might not ever get it! From my previous experience Garmin after care is an after thought with Garmin compared to other Sports tech brands. Im not buying any more Garmin products until they start improving their after care and support. (Rant over!)

• I’m so glad to see these posts.  I’ve been going crazy trying to figure out what’s wrong with my scale — it’s definitely properly linked l to WiFI, but out of no where I’m having the same X issue. I’m assuming it’ll be fixed once Garmin handles their presumed server issue??   I totally agree that all they need to do is say they know there’s an issue and it’s being worked on to prevent customer frustration. 

• Im having the same issue. Could anyone solve this ?